Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ritzville, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What size battery do you have Alysa, 85? How fast were you driving and how many people in the car? I am considering this trip in the near future. Were you in range mode?

I have a P85. It was me and my two kids and one small suitcase in the car with us. Like I said when I went over I had a fully charged battery and didn't even stop in ellensburg. Temp was around 70 degrees. Three days later it was super windy and I had the issue. I've driven the same route a few times and it's hit and miss. I was just pointing out that if it's windy it could take some extra miles.

I am checked into the host hotel in Ritzville. The guy at the front desk mentioned that they are in talks with Tesla to expand this location. He mentioned something about a nearby gravel lot, perhaps the one adjacent to the current supercharger.

Surprisingly, at only 4 stalls, I haven't ever heard of a line forming at this supercharger, but it seems like it will definitely happen soon so I'm glad they are expanding. I would expect this supercharger to get full around the holidays and definitely by next summer.

I pulled in tonight at 3:30am and was annoyed to find two Model 3s plugged in. I assumed they had plugged in and gone to sleep in the hotel but then I noticed that both were occupied. One with a driver sleeping and the other with an awake driver. There was also a Model S parked next to the supercharger, so 4 Teslas including my own. Pretty crazy to see 4 Teslas at this site in the middle of the night. I might not be the only one who routed through Ritzville on my way to Pullman this weekend :)

Thanks PlusEV. Sounds like Ritzville will soon have expansion, since construction will definitely be easier than Ellensburg. I’ve seen it full on a weekend, but I’m surprised by your late night/early morning experience. It’s good to hear that the M3 drivers were present and the other MS was parking nearby and not in the charging space. Perhaps people are really starting to understand the idle fees! Since it’s football season and early college fall, perhaps lots of parents traveling to WSU.

Good to hear. I was there twice over this weekend. There was one person having to wait for a charger on my way to Pullman on Friday. I have found that in my MS 70D, if I baby things, in the nice weather, in the daytime, I can make it all the way from Ellensburg to Pullman and bypass Ritzville.

Good to hear. I was there twice over this weekend. There was one person having to wait for a charger on my way to Pullman on Friday. I have found that in my MS 70D, if I baby things, in the nice weather, in the daytime, I can make it all the way from Ellensburg to Pullman and bypass Ritzville.
I have an S100D so I was able to avoid Ellensburg by charging in Issaquah and Ritzville in both directions. It didn't really add much time to the trip, plus I was able to stay at the hotel in Ritzville on the way out so it was a good route for me. I wasn't going to pay exorbitant prices for hotels in Pullman (there probably weren't any available anyway) as I was mostly just there to watch the game. Also gave me a chance to drive some roads I hadn't been on before. Took the route through Benge and Endicott on the way from Ritzville to Pullman. Not many cars on that road, let alone Teslas :)

I got 108kW here a few days ago which is as much as I ever get on my S100D. There was one other Tesla charging and they didn't seem to be having any issues either, so hopefully everything here is working well now.

I didn't see any signs of construction/expansion.

I just got 113kW there 2 hrs ago. Nobody else charging, cool weather, and windy (helps with heat dissipation). I note though that Ellensburg shows 120kW in the in-car map display, while cle elum and ritzville are 150kW. (I got 138 at Ritzville last weekend in a 2017 March ModelX, so it seems that the upgrade is geniune there at least!)

I just got 113kW there 2 hrs ago. Nobody else charging, cool weather, and windy (helps with heat dissipation). I note though that Ellensburg shows 120kW in the in-car map display, while cle elum and ritzville are 150kW. (I got 138 at Ritzville last weekend in a 2017 March ModelX, so it seems that the upgrade is geniune there at least!)
You're getting >120 in a Model X? I guess I need to do a little more research but I thought only Model 3s were getting >120. Maybe I need a software update because my build is more recent than yours and I have seen no change since they increased from 120 to 150.

No
I drive an S100D so most I can ever get is 120 and the most I ever actually saw was 118-119 ish. I'm over 86,000 miles now and the most I have ever seen in the last 40k miles or so is 109 ish. I do not consider this to be "throttled," but call it what you like. I take it you are a Model 3 owner :)
I have a 75D and recently saw increase from 95kw to 110kw max. 100Ds are reported at well over 120kw on 150kw chargers

You're getting >120 in a Model X? I guess I need to do a little more research but I thought only Model 3s were getting >120. Maybe I need a software update because my build is more recent than yours and I have seen no change since they increased from 120 to 150.
I just made a trip to Spokane last week in my MX. Stopped in Cle Elum and Ritzville to charge. Peaked above 140 kW at both locations.

EDIT: March 2019 build.

Anyone know if the SC has been fixed yet. A couple of Fridays ago it was really slow and power was fluctuating wildly, between 2-25 kW. It was bad on all 4 stalls.

I was here last week and it was crap. Wild swings and slow. It was the last charge on my trip from Chicago to Seattle. Only charger I had any issues with up until that point or since.

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
I was there twice on 8/31. First time I hit 1B (there was a car in 1A, just have been working because 2A was empty and a car was in 2B) and it worked fine. About 65kW (I was like at 65% battery already) and then on my way home from Spokane I stopped again and it was empty. Plugged into 1A and it hit 30 or 40kW within a few seconds and then I noticed it stumble up and down between 0 and 40kW and then stabilize again. I made it half way to Starbucks and got a notice that charging had been interrupted. I came back a few minutes later and unplugged and switched to 1B which again seemed to work fine...