Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ritzville, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any updates on this? Still listed as reduced service... has anyone seen any Tesla staff or contractors out there looking at the station? It's odd that it keeps going into reduced service yet nothing seems to be done with it... part of me is still hoping that Tesla is just holding out trying to limp it along to an expansion/overhaul and part of me just thinks Tesla sees intermittent issues with this location but hasn't bothered on coming out to replace hardware or troubleshoot...
We had stall 1A shut off on us on the way back through. We'd been charging for maybe 10-15 minutes (not sure exactly, but enough time to walk to Starbucks, use the restroom, and then sit for a couple minutes) when I got the "Charge interrupted" notification on my app. I immediately walked over and moved to 2B. I did not try to unplug and plug back in.

Another X pulled up and plugged into 1A just after I'd moved. I probably should have warned them but they plugged in and then walked toward Starbucks themselves so I assume they had no issues at first. We left shortly after so I don't know if they had it shut off too.

I agree that Tesla really needs to do something here. It may not be an issue with their equipment though.

Anyone have any issues with the Ritzville chargers? Stopped to charge today on my way home to the Tricities. I had to unplug and replug in multiple times to get a good charge going. There was another Tesla in one of the other stalls who said he experienced the same behavior when he initially got there.

I was plugged in to stall 2A for a few minutes, but after giving me 17 rated miles the charge cut out (notification in the car told me to unplug and plug in again). Fortunately I looked at my phone and noticed so I ran back and plugged into 1A which was paired with the other charging Model S. I could have tried 2B to remain unpaired, but I didn't want to chance the fact that it could have been a cabinet issue and not merely a stall issue. 1A is working as expected (slow ish at first due to pairing and then ramped up to 108kW when the other Model S unplugged), so no issue there.

I was plugged in to stall 2A for a few minutes, but after giving me 17 rated miles the charge cut out (notification in the car told me to unplug and plug in again). Fortunately I looked at my phone and noticed so I ran back and plugged into 1A which was paired with the other charging Model S.

Could this have been the result of the charge cord (unlock) button being pressed?

FYI, the hotel is expanding and yesterday they were cutting asphalt around the Superchargers. Quite a bit dusty, and the workers had backhoes, but I was able to get in and charge. It was so noisy and dusty from the cutting and diesel equipment that I didn’t look around for signs of SC expansion (but it would be a great time).

Returned home from Seattle (good Mariners baseball!) and needed to stop here. The navigation screen said 1 of the 4 chargers was inoperable and 1 was available but found out both 1a and 1b were out. Had to wait 20 minutes for one of the two people charging to leave.

This tiny supercharger outpost could sure use an update!
I would just avoid this one altogether if making a standard I-90 trip. It's hard to justify using a 4-stall v2 supercharger when there are 8-stall v3s in both Moses Lake and Spokane.

I just skipped this one yesterday as well. It takes close to 90% charge for me to make Spokane or vice versa, but it’s worth it to arrive at lower SOC (as long as the wind or the bladder doesn’t have other ideas:().

I would just avoid this one altogether if making a standard I-90 trip. It's hard to justify using a 4-stall v2 supercharger when there are 8-stall v3s in both Moses Lake and Spokane.
I would, but it's a good stopping point for various bodily functions from members of the family. the food options in Spokane (the next logical stop coming from the south and going east) is not as good, sadly. I'll get overruled