Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Riverside, CA (LIVE 28 Dec 2017, 24 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On a tip from Tyl, I checked the City of Riverside building permits and found...

(24) TESLA LEVEL 3 CHARGING STATIONS: (2) ACCESSIBLE ON THE GROUND FLOOR PARKING GARAGE (22) ON TOP LEVEL OF PARKING GARAGE ADD A NEW 2500AMP ELECTRICAL SERVICE PANEL

The location is 3878 Market Street in downtown Riverside, near the 215/60/91 interchange. The permit was issued on October 27th, so it may already be under construction.

I checked out the site and took this pic last Saturday. I would think the status can be updated to Construction.

20171104_180534.jpg

This will be the second closest SC for me after Victoria Gardens. I pass through Riverside every few weeks, so I will be checking out the construction. It sounds like a big project, similar to Temecula, which I have used several times, and the new one in Burbank, both in large parking structures. Very quick start of construction, looks promising. It is kind of a pain to drive up several levels of parking structure as is required at Temecula.

confirmed with the garage attendant they are building tesla chargers. I didn't get a chance to ask when are they opening or if a fee is needed for the garage (there is an hourly/daily rate right now for parking). Here are some pics attached (shortly). The top deck has a bunch of cabinets with high voltage stickers and the lower deck wooden boxes and conduit. The road outside has some construction presumably for electrical hookups.

On the main Tesla page the estimated target date is 2018, but the Corona site says 2017 and there hasn't been a permit pulled for the Corona site. Also I know this parking structure and it is a fee lot, so it will be interesting how that works. You can get your parking validated in a few restaurants around the area.

Visited yesterday, Monday, Nov 13. I could see no change to construction status.

Normal parking fee is $2.00 per half hour weekdays to 6pm, free after 6pm and all weekend. Most of parking spots below top level are reserved for monthly pass holders. Top level mostly empty Monday midday.

Location about 1/4 mile from Mission Inn, but several other restaurants closer. Not far from freeway, but heavy traffic, traffic lights even midday. Construction from multi-story building going up nearby is causing some temporary extra congestion.

Chargers are new urban model, 2 X 72kW stalls per charger, no sharing so each stall gets steady 72 kW. Slower for folks who arrive needing 60% or more charge and could get primary charge initially over 100 kW on original chargers, but better for folks who arrive just needing a top off and might get only 40 to 50 kW in secondary position on original chargers.

RiversideSupercharger.jpg