Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Riverview, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
5C3D4E91-62BA-44A0-9C74-942072928704.jpeg
22CAF781-3A52-4EBB-ADED-804026407BF9.jpeg
D4693126-272C-4C5F-B2E8-14C04B7F59FE.jpeg
9EA04C9D-8C2D-46A2-AF3A-78ADBC66E7B4.jpeg
53DAEFE8-A02E-47A5-B6E0-47110DDB1A30.jpeg
53DA8247-B889-4237-B373-0E5BA5C5D6E3.jpeg
stopped at Panera this morning and saw some construction in the parking lot of the Winn Dixie and it looks like a supercharger under construction. I saw five large boxes with the Tesla label so I’m guessing 10 stalls.

View attachment 363614 View attachment 363615 View attachment 363616 View attachment 363617 View attachment 363618 View attachment 363619 stopped at Panera this morning and saw some construction in the parking lot of the Winn Dixie and it looks like a supercharger under construction. I saw five large boxes with the Tesla label so I’m guessing 10 stalls.

Remember that there's:
- Distribution cabinet
- Superchargers stalls
- Supercharger cabinets

So, 5 boxes could mean an 8-stall Supercharger.

Remember that there's:
- Distribution cabinet
- Superchargers stalls
- Supercharger cabinets

I’m not an electrician and don’t know a lot about these things, but the last two Superchargers at Winn Dixie’s (st johns and Hyde park) both have ten stalls. They tend to have empty parking lots with lots of space for charging. I’ve never been impressed with shopping at Winn Dixie, admittedly it’s been awhile but if they keep putting in Superchargers, then I will definitely have to give them another look.

Remember that there's:
- Distribution cabinet
- Superchargers stalls
- Supercharger cabinets

Look at the last picture mwoz posted. Those 5 objects with the white covering are each a supercharger cabinet. The 3 bigger grey/green ones are the switchgear. Plus in the area they are working on you can see that they've put in the conduit for 5 cabinets (each cabinet gets 3 conduits in a specific pattern [2+1]).

5 cabinets--->10 stalls. And since we got a nice clear view of the tag, we also know that they'll be 120 kW stalls (the urban-style have different part numbers).

Look at the last picture mwoz posted. Those 5 objects with the white covering are each a supercharger cabinet. The 3 bigger grey/green ones are the switchgear. Plus in the area they are working on you can see that they've put in the conduit for 5 cabinets (each cabinet gets 3 conduits in a specific pattern [2+1]).

5 cabinets--->10 stalls. And since we got a nice clear view of the tag, we also know that they'll be 120 kW stalls (the urban-style have different part numbers).

Yes, sorry. I just went by the words instead of the pictures.

I’m just really surprised they are putting in another supercharger in Tampa, we already have three, which seems an abundant number compared to other cities. And this location isn’t on the Tesla map. Nevertheless, I’m not complaining, the more the merrier! I think the Superchargers in Tampa are well spaced out and each service different routes.

I suspect we are going to see more pop up at Winn Dixie’s in the near future.

I avoid the Brandon mall area around the holiday due to insane traffic, but I would say that it is the busiest supercharger in Tampa. I’ve been there many times over the past couple of months when there were more than 6 cars charging.

I see a lot of model 3s around, how wonder how Tampa compares to other cities with regards to # of Teslas.

Found some new photos on PlugShare posted by @LukeSkywalker yesterday. Good?
Thanks, while I appreciate your Supercharger enthusiasm, it is only proper to provide attribution when posting someone else's photos.

Also as you have done, it is very important to date the photos that you repost. I have seen in the past situations whereby someone discovers someone else's older photo, posts it without dating it and the result is that people following the thread are confused because the last photo posted shows less progress than earlier photos.

Larry