Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Roanoke Rapids, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Halifax is getting chargers installed. My mother works for the City and I asked her months ago to ask planning if they knew anything about the charger and they didn’t.

It appears that the Halifax chargers are the "Roanoke Rapids" Chargers:

Not sure what we should do with this thread since there wont be any more additional information for RR since it had turned into Halifax 🤷‍♂️

It appears that the Halifax chargers are the "Roanoke Rapids" Chargers:

Not sure what we should do with this thread since there wont be any more additional information for RR since it had turned into Halifax 🤷‍♂️
Note it is common for Tesla to officially name their Supercharging Sites without regard to what locals might claim is inside or outside a city. That actually may make sense from a traveler driving up and down the interstate. Tesla may officially name this Supercharger as "Halifax" (a small town of ~250 people) or "Roanoke Rapids" (pop. 15,000 or so)... so lets wait and see.

Also, from my google search... this Supercharger has a street address of Halifax NC but is technically outside the Halifax city limits, and resides in Halifax County NC. It is common for street addresses to extend outside the official city limits, since (at least in my state), the post office location which serves the area defines the 'city' name for a street address.