Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Roanoke Rapids, NC

jcaruso

Sep 21, 2019
North Carolina
Anyone have any updates on this one? If they're still on track for Q1 this site is probably under construction already.
As mentioned, the Sheetz right off 95 is a good guess if anyone is in the area to scout it out.

corywright

Supporting Member
Jul 27, 2016
Richmond, VA
Anyone have any updates on this one? If they're still on track for Q1 this site is probably under construction already.
As mentioned, the Sheetz right off 95 is a good guess if anyone is in the area to scout it out.

I checked out the Sheetz a few weeks ago and there weren't any signs of activity, not even utility markings. I drove around to a few other potential locations but didn't see anything worth noting.

jcaruso

Sep 21, 2019
North Carolina
Anyone going to be in the area soon to look around? A lot of the Q1 sites are actually getting built on time, so there's a good chance this one will have something soon.

jcaruso

Sep 21, 2019
North Carolina
I emailed the city, and it looks like there was a permit issued in June 2019 for the Sheetz (a V2 station - 4 cabinets and 8 chargers). They said there hasn't been any activity since though, and Tesla would have to renew the permit, since it's expired now.

Attachments

• Sheetz- Electrical Permit- Charging Stations.pdf
    51.6 KB · Views: 9

Bobbo8

Aug 20, 2018
Penfield, NY
I emailed the city, and it looks like there was a permit issued in June 2019 for the Sheetz (a V2 station - 4 cabinets and 8 chargers). They said there hasn't been any activity since though, and Tesla would have to renew the permit, since it's expired now.
Has anyone heard any updates for Roanoke Rapids?

trekkie

Supporting Member
Oct 2, 2019
Wake Forest, NC
I guess it doesn't matter anymore but on the map of 'where chargers should go' #2 hurt a lot for a trip I needed to take to Arapahoe, NC. Unfortuantely COVID lockdowns kept me from going after all, so I didn't have to figure it out. Now we won't need to go as my daughter aged out of YGuides and missed her 2nd/3rd year options.

MarcoRP

Sep 6, 2017
Montréal
😆wowwwww.

Roanoke.jpg

• Disagree
Reactions: jcaruso

Bobbo8

Aug 20, 2018
Penfield, NY
Sorry to see Roanoke Rapids is pushed back to 2022, it would have cut in 1/2 the gap between Rocky Mount, NC and Petersburg, Va and made the trip a little less stressful.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC