Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Roanoke Rapids, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

corywright

supercharge.info editor
Supporting Member
Jul 27, 2016
Richmond, VA
Tesla has updated their "Find Us" map for 2021 and there is now a pin for an upcoming Supercharger in Roanoke Rapids, NC. We all know that Tesla's map can be overly optimistic with the "coming soon" dates, and this one says they are targeting opening in Q1 2021.

This will close a fairly long gap on I-95 from Rocky Mount to Petersburg, and will probably be a very popular stop considering it doesn't appear Tesla has any plans for Emporia, VA. There is a Sheetz at 1500 Julian R Allsbrook Hwy, Roanoke Rapids, NC 27870 that could be a strong contender for the location.

Just creating this thread so we can track progress.

Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 11.06.10 PM.png

Tesla has updated their "Find Us" map for 2021 and there is now a pin for an upcoming Supercharger in Roanoke Rapids, NC. We all know that Tesla's map can be overly optimistic with the "coming soon" dates, and this one says they are targeting opening in Q1 2021.

This will close a fairly long gap on I-95 from Rocky Mount to Petersburg, and will probably be a very popular stop considering it doesn't appear Tesla has any plans for Emporia, VA. There is a Sheetz at 1500 Julian R Allsbrook Hwy, Roanoke Rapids, NC 27870 that could be a strong contender for the location.

Just creating this thread so we can track progress.

View attachment 624339
Been waiting for this a long time!!! Great news!!

Are there Sheetz outlets in those areas? I think Sheetz is what's responsible for all the love that NC and VA are seeing in this latest update. I-81 north of Staunton, VA in particular is seeing some significant expansion.

I know that Boone/Blowing Rock doesn't have a Sheetz, or really any other big convenience chain except for Circle K. How about the other areas on your map?

Are there Sheetz outlets in those areas? I think Sheetz is what's responsible for all the love that NC and VA are seeing in this latest update. I-81 north of Staunton, VA in particular is seeing some significant expansion.

I know that Boone/Blowing Rock doesn't have a Sheetz, or really any other big convenience chain except for Circle K. How about the other areas on your map?
There are multiple Sheetz in the Greenville/Winterville/Washington area (some right off of 264). I cannot comment on the other locations.

I had just posted on the Goldsboro supercharger thread a few days ago that I really still thought one of the biggest gaps was between Rocky Mount and Petersburg. I preferred Emporia, but Roanoke Rapids is close enough.

Looking at other newly listed locations... I really am not so sure why they chose Siler City over Asheboro. Asheboro has the NC Zoo, and it is right on the I-73/74 and US-64 corridor. Siler City is sort of in the middle of nowhere.

I was hoping to see a Pinehurst, Southern Pines or Aberdeen Supercharger, but no such pin exists yet. With Pinehurst being a major day-travel destination for people from Charlotte and Raleigh, it would be a prime location for a Supercharger.

Another somewhat large gap in NC is the I-74/US-74 stretch between Lumberton and Charlotte (and Greensboro/Winston/High Point, etc. by way of I-73). A Supercharger near Rockingham would be a good location as it’s midway between Lumberton and Charlotte and it too sits on the US-74/I-73/I-74 corridor. That roadway is the main route between Charlotte and Wilmington, Brunswick County Beaches, and N. Myrtle/Myrtle Beach. Hopefully we’ll see one somewhere along that route in the not too distant future.

Glad to see this area getting one.

I checked out the updated map and noticed none of the coming soon ones are in areas I would like to have one...my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.
You and I have many of the exact same areas we want covered.

My wishlist:
Greenville, NC
Boone (or Wilkesboro)
Rockingham
Pinehurst
Asheboro
Jacksonville (NC)
Shelby, NC
Greensboro, GA (I-20)
Martinsville or Danville, VA

Yeah, and the big I-26 hole in South Carolina is still not filled by this plan. It is a little baffling, tbh.

THIS, THIS, SO MUCH THIS!!!

The wife and I went to Gatlinburg for the weekend and man is that drive along I-26 annoying. Gotta detour 15-20 minutes to charge in Santee, Columbia or Greenville. Amazing that there is nothing within a few miles of I-26 through the entire state of South Carolina.

THIS, THIS, SO MUCH THIS!!!

The wife and I went to Gatlinburg for the weekend and man is that drive along I-26 annoying. Gotta detour 15-20 minutes to charge in Santee, Columbia or Greenville. Amazing that there is nothing within a few miles of I-26 through the entire state of South Carolina.
Yeah, and the big I-26 hole in South Carolina is still not filled by this plan. It is a little baffling, tbh.
The Orangeburg rest areas are great locations for superchargers I think... Would that even be possible in South Carolina?

Yeah I'm pretty happy about this. I was having to stop twice to get to some areas of NC. This solves that. I was really hoping for Emporia and frankly, I'm really surprised there hasn't been one out there yet. I don't think there is a Sheetz station in that area.

I'm really surprised about the Goldsboro charger. That's literally right down from my parents house.

Really great developments on so many new chargers.

This is the way!

Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec