Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Robbinsdale MN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Outside of Starbucks

Attachments

• C7F03B01-70F4-4CF4-A7CC-4AFB1395B676.jpeg
    C7F03B01-70F4-4CF4-A7CC-4AFB1395B676.jpeg
    394.3 KB · Views: 324
I'm hoping this is the crew that does installs working their way to North Dakota? Someone once posted that there are dedicated work crews that move from site to site doing installs, so it makes sense they would do things step by step where there's a string of planned superchargers...

Please, please, please...

I'm hoping this is the crew that does installs working their way to North Dakota? Someone once posted that there are dedicated work crews that move from site to site doing installs, so it makes sense they would do things step by step where there's a string of planned superchargers...

Please, please, please...

It's more that Tesla bids out sites in groups, or a company will bid on multiple sites, and that leads to a crew moving from one location to another.

Excited to have a Supercharger at this location!! The things sticking up look like conduits to me. They've already done a lot of work, wonder why that contractor person thinks construction will take a month? I can understand Xcel delaying things, but the construction appears to be flying along. Maybe it will take a while to get equipment/parts in.

This is awesome!

I just took delivery of my Tesla few days ago ands then found this thread! I live very close to hear I'll go check this place out this weekend!!!

Exciting!

I am wondering, the super charger map shows Minneapolis, st Paul, Bloomington, richfield, st.louis park, Minnetonka, maple grove coming in 2019...

That's 7 Urban super chargers.... Also when I took delivery I was told by Tesla that they are working on building 4 super chargers by July in this area.

I am wondering once this crew finishes... would they start construction of another site near here?

How will we know if the charger is a v2 or v3 charger?

I'll be coming to Minneapolis at the end of the month for a family visit. This location would be soooo much better than Oakdale but there is almost no chance it'll be online by then. That is true for my whole planned route, where no less than six new locations are under construction. I'll be lucky if one or two of them are online by Memorial Day.

How will we know if the charger is a v2 or v3 charger?
FWIW the guy I talked to said you could "charge your car in an hour!" which sounds more like v2 than v3, but I wouldn't read too much into an off-hand comment by an installer.

I was told by Tesla that they are working on building 4 super chargers by July in this area.
I wouldn't read too much into an off-hand comment by Tesla sales :) They are probably repeating this to themselves so often that they're even starting to believe it.