Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Robertsdale, AL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Online per Tesla now:

1651073511154.png

Charged yesterday.

I've changed my mind. Charger is located in a terrible spot -- everyone is entering the parking lot there, traffic is absolutely nuts when busy. Expect ICE cars to park in the spots because they'll be entering the very busy, very full parking lot and those chargers will look like conveniently open places to park. Plus since you're in the south, added benefit of owning some EV driver ...

• Informative
Reactions: nogajim and bhorn
There is a nightmare story on PlugShare claiming it takes an hour to leave during the busy periods because of traffic flow at the pumps. Is this at all true? Should we just plan to use this as an emergency charger only?
I charged there twice earlier this month. Although they were doing land office business both times, I didn't have any particular difficulty getting into or out of the lot.

Reactions: craigery
There is a nightmare story on PlugShare claiming it takes an hour to leave during the busy periods because of traffic flow at the pumps. Is this at all true? Should we just plan to use this as an emergency charger only?
Yes, the traffic situation there is an absolute disaster.

Additionally, everyone wants to go out that entrance they come in, directly next to the Tesla chargers. Folks turning left have to wait for the cars coming inbound as well a the cars departing the exit at the other end of the property.

So, pro tip (maybe?).-- this last Sunday evening I stopped here and charged, the line to exit was crazy long. When I was done I went all the way around the gas pumps to the other exit at the other end of the property. By the time I went all the way around the property and around the gas pumps to use the other exit only 4-5 cars had managed to exit through that exit everyone wants to use.

So in summary, don't use that exit, go to the other one, and maybe you'll get out of there quicker.

The chargers should have been located behind the main store. There seem to be very few if anyone parking there plus you'd have easy access to that other exit.

I am having a hard time visualizing where the chargers are, Is this pin location correct?
View attachment 808516

Or this one?
View attachment 808517
The Supercharger is located as in the second picture, in the southeast corner. First time I used the SuC, I entered at the southwest corner and YOLO'd my way around and through the traffic cones that are used to guide traffic into the southeast entrance. The second time, I came from eastbound I-10 and getting to the chargers was simple. Coming out, the left turn onto Buc-cee's Blvd requires some waiting for cross traffic and then there's a stoplight at Baldwin Beach Express. Not complicated at all...

(Edit: clean up a gibberish spill)

Last edited:
Charged yesterday.

I've changed my mind. Charger is located in a terrible spot -- everyone is entering the parking lot there, traffic is absolutely nuts when busy. Expect ICE cars to park in the spots because they'll be entering the very busy, very full parking lot and those chargers will look like conveniently open places to park. Plus since you're in the south, added benefit of owning some EV driver ...
I live nearby and it does NOT take long to exit. I ALWAYS use the West entrance / exit end and it's never a problem, ever. The SC are in the South East corner of the parking lot towards the Beach Express.

Reactions: snellenr