Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rochelle, IL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Along with the cluster of truck stops off I-39 there is a Holiday Inn Express that could be a possibility too.
I went through Rochelle this weekend. No luck at "the usual suspects" and nothing at the Holiday Inn Express either. This one has me stumped! The information indicates construction should have started, but I could find no evidence. A shame. This will be a convenient spot for a supercharger...

I went through Rochelle this weekend. No luck at "the usual suspects" and nothing at the Holiday Inn Express either. This one has me stumped! The information indicates construction should have started, but I could find no evidence. A shame. This will be a convenient spot for a supercharger...
Did a drive thru on Wednesday night and couldn't see anything at the truck stops or the main drag.

• Informative
Reactions: GleanerC and EV3_
The Love's would be a great location, being so close to the highway.

But FWIW... Dwight, IL also has a Love's right off the highway, but the recently-installed Dwight Supercharger got put at a Casey's instead. (Granted, the Dwight Casey's is closer to I-55 than the Rochelle Casey's is to I-88.)

And the Collinsville Supercharger installed in 2021 is also at a Casey's. Not sure if there are any existing IL Superchargers at a Love's.

There were a bunch of stakes in the ground immediately north of Casey's. Not sure if this is our spot, or Casey's just expanding their footprint here. (Pictures attached)

I just noticed that these stakes are visible in Google Streetview photos taken in Oct 2021.

I wonder if they're still there? (The effort require to make the 90-minute round trip to check myself exceeds my level of curiosity.)

1644431363477.png

1644431554961.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
I am very interested in this. We are moving to Aurora with my SR+ and in winter we will not make it easily to Davenport without charging in Rochelle. I won't be surprised if this is up and running by the end of April honestly, given the pace with which they have been working recently.

I am very interested in this. We are moving to Aurora with my SR+ and in winter we will not make it easily to Davenport without charging in Rochelle. I won't be surprised if this is up and running by the end of April honestly, given the pace with which they have been working recently.

Yep. Rockford/Aurora to Davenport is dicey when the weather gets real bad. Add in driving West is usually into the wind I've been really close a few times. Frustrating seeing filler locations popping up now on I-80 when this one isn't done.

Yep. Rockford/Aurora to Davenport is dicey when the weather gets real bad. Add in driving West is usually into the wind I've been really close a few times. Frustrating seeing filler locations popping up now on I-80 when this one isn't done.

+1. Also for travelling along US 30. Now that Cedar Rapids is on-line, Rochelle would be very handy for US 30 travelers. (As would one in Ames IA...)

Reactions: aminvahedian
BREAKING NEWS:

Rochelle, IL Supercharger location confirmed. We can skip the blue pin and go right to a cone on supercharger.info @MarcoRP @Chuq @ItsNotAboutTheMoney

Caseys

330 S 7th St
Rochelle, IL 61068

41.917022418737545, -89.06906093144671

Looks to be the standard 8 stalls with one pull in. So glad to finally confirm this one!

View attachment 794827

View attachment 794829

View attachment 794830

View attachment 794831
Yess!! I hope it opens by May. This is long overdue!

So glad to finally confirm this one!
The update we've been waiting for! This one has definitely been a while in the making. I think the first completion estimate on Tesla's site was Q3'21 or Q4'21. Good to see everything got worked out and it is in progress now!

With their current install rate, I'm guessing this one will be operational in a month or less

• Helpful
Reactions: corywright