Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rochester, NH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Durham and Epping are also right in the seacoast area, which already has Seabrook. The area where they are truly needed are farther north. The planned Conway location would be ideal, as it would make trips up to Lancaster, Colebrook, and environs a lot less challenging. Last time I went up north I had to stop at a PlugShare home charger just to make it back to Lincoln, Not to mention that charging in Lincoln requires you to go way out of your way if you're heading back to the seacoast.

Agreed. I've written Tesla about upping the priority on the Conway supercharger. It will make Boston -> Whites a much more stress-free trip. This Rochester supercharger is going to be wicked helpful, but wont make it quite as seamless as the eventual Conway supercharger will!

Agreed. I've written Tesla about upping the priority on the Conway supercharger. It will make Boston -> Whites a much more stress-free trip. This Rochester supercharger is going to be wicked helpful, but wont make it quite as seamless as the eventual Conway supercharger will!

If what I have read on this site about the Conway location is accurate, it's proposed for an Irving station that is likely to be an issue. That might explain why there's been effectively zero movement on that front.

I will 100% agree with you, though, as Conway would make Portsmouth --> Pittsburg --> Portsmouth pretty much a breeze. Last time I went up north the car tried to have me cross into Quebec to get to a charger before heading back south!

1CCD6C93-8A56-4D7E-8DE1-4DECF9B0D4D7.jpeg
Charged here this morning on my way up to ski from Boston. At 30% SoC got to 88kW and the trailed off quickly to 60kW for the rest of the session. I had been driving an hour or so and used the Lynnfield and Seabrook SC as fake nav points on my way to Rochester in order to precondition. It was nicely plowed even early in the morning toward the beginning of the storm.

There are no out of order signs up. No indication that anyone cares about it(I'm not sure how normal that is).

When this site was built last year it was fully constructed and sat without electricity for months before it was finally "turned on." Again, I have no idea how common that is.

Let's just say that my city of Rochester is known for being a royal clownshow. A lot of incompetence, drugs, and stupid crime. There were a ton of Rochester Tesla SC jokes floating around when it was announced to be coming. The city page recently had a hilarious thread when someone was on there saying the Tesla SCs were down. If I could pick one site that would be out of order within months of opening it would be my beloved Rochester, NH o_O:confused:

Rochester NH is open and functioning normally.
I stopped there on the way to Boston yesterday just to check it out.
The in-car app correctly showed 1 other car charging, when I arrived.
I was at 70% and didn't need any juice, but plugged in just to verify it was working.

I stopped there again at night on my way home, and it was somewhere above 100kW
at somewhere about 50% SOC, normal for a raven-X.

I will be back up in the area for Labor day weekend. I hope it is up and running. Quick question for you toolman335, do you change over to winter tires, and if so, about when on the calendar and what brand? I am on the 19's so I have limited choices if I stay with them. I will also be up for the long thanksgiving weekend, hence the genesis for the question.

ECTO-1

View attachment 494610 Charged here this morning on my way up to ski from Boston. At 30% SoC got to 88kW and the trailed off quickly to 60kW for the rest of the session. I had been driving an hour or so and used the Lynnfield and Seabrook SC as fake nav points on my way to Rochester in order to precondition. It was nicely plowed even early in the morning toward the beginning of the storm.

Where do you ski at up there and what other SC or destination chargers do you use?

ECTO-1

I will be back up in the area for Labor day weekend. I hope it is up and running. Quick question for you toolman335, do you change over to winter tires, and if so, about when on the calendar and what brand? I am on the 19's so I have limited choices if I stay with them. I will also be up for the long thanksgiving weekend, hence the genesis for the question.

ECTO-1

The Seabrook, NH is a great SC as well. Shoot me a PM before you come up and I can go scout out Rochester for you ahead of time! I still don't trust the accuracy of the Navigation status of the stations.
Last year I found that I didn't need winter tires at all. Maybe it's because it's NH, but man, our guys around here take fantastic care of the roads. AWD was plenty good enough to get through the winter and up my sometimes slippery driveway. My driveway is probably my stiffest winter challenge and it passed with flying colors.

Reactions: ECTO-1