Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rock Springs, WY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When did construction start? It's still a blue dot in supercharge.net!
First, it's supercharge.info (corrected)

It is a crowd-sourced site, relying on information from users here to get updates. We didn't have the information, so it isn't on that site.

I wouldn't change it to "construction" based on a phone call to someone not knowledgeable about Teslas and charging, Many times a conversation with someone who doesn't know the difference between a destination charger and a Supercharger has led to false hopes.

Until someone goes and checks it out (like someone who lives 2 hours away hint hint @pox ) we won't know for sure. But thanks to pox for the diligence! Nice work!

Last edited:
First, it's supercharge.info (corrected)

It is a crowd-sourced site, relying on information from users here to get updates. We didn't have the information, so it isn't on that site.

I wouldn't change it to "construction" based on a phone call to someone not knowledgeable about Teslas and charging, Many times a conversation with someone who doesn't know the difference between a destination charger and a Supercharger has led to false hopes.

Until someone goes and checks it out (like someone who lives 2 hours away hint hint @pox ) we won't know for sure. But thanks to pox for the diligence! Nice work!

I'll be going to Vegas via Rock Springs the end of next month, I'll get pictures then. I've been bugging the mall managers and Tesla about getting a Supercharger. They took a bunch of staff to the parking lot to see my Model S last summer. I trust she now knows if it's a supercharger vs a destination charger. Maybe I'll as her to send a picture on Monday and save me a 5 hour drive. It's a 2 1/2 hour drive up hill both ways! For real it really is a pain on range on the way up and a bit better on the way back. In the winter it's closed off every time there is a big snow storm.

Reactions: ReddyLeaf and BerTX
I'll be going to Vegas via Rock Springs the end of next month, I'll get pictures then. I've been bugging the mall managers and Tesla about getting a Supercharger. They took a bunch of staff to the parking lot to see my Model S last summer. I trust she now knows if it's a supercharger vs a destination charger. Maybe I'll as her to send a picture on Monday and save me a 5 hour drive. It's a 2 1/2 hour drive up hill both ways! For real it really is a pain on range on the way up and a bit better on the way back. In the winter it's closed off every time there is a big snow storm.
Sounds good. I see it is now "coned" on supercharge.info. Nice work!

Sounds good. I see it is now "coned" on supercharge.info. Nice work!

But is it coned because of @pox's post? Or is there another source to verify that it is indeed in construction?

I guess I should have been more detail in my original post: I was surprised that no one had posted here about it being advanced to "in construction". We have all see other SC's being closely monitored and progress reported from the beginning by local owners, all the way to opening .

Thanks, @pox for attempting to contact the mall manager. I hope she'll be nice enough to send us a pic to document progress. I've been waiting for this SC for my trip to Bay Area via I-80.

But is it coned because of @pox's post? Or is there another source to verify that it is indeed in construction?

I guess I should have been more detail in my original post: I was surprised that no one had posted here about it being advanced to "in construction". We have all see other SC's being closely monitored and progress reported from the beginning by local owners, all the way to opening .

Thanks, @pox for attempting to contact the mall manager. I hope she'll be nice enough to send us a pic to document progress. I've been waiting for this SC for my trip to Bay Area via I-80.
On some of the more rural sites, there ARE no local owners or enthusiasts to make regular checks for construction. @pox may be the closest we have! Sometimes there are relatives or friends in an area who can report remotely.

Personally, I spend effort looking for SC progress, but I still am thrilled when they pop up unexpectedly like this. It means that, in addition to the 19 in North America we know about, there could be several more we don't know about. More Superchargers are what is important -- not finding them early. I look forward to the day that nobody bothers to look for new construction or permits anymore, because they are no longer news.

Will be trying to make it from Cheyenne to Rock Springs in mid august (hopefully Rock Springs is finished by then).
Would be very happy if Rawlins SC was open by then, but if it isn't, anyone know where a 240 V plug can be had? 10 or 20 A would be a lot better than 120 V 10 A.

Will be trying to make it from Cheyenne to Rock Springs in mid august (hopefully Rock Springs is finished by then).
Would be very happy if Rawlins SC was open by then, but if it isn't, anyone know where a 240 V plug can be had? 10 or 20 A would be a lot better than 120 V 10 A.
I personally would not attempt that without definite plans to stop and charge. Winds in that area are EXTREME. Plugshare shows campgrounds in both Laramie and Rawlins.

I'm not a fan of drafting - no time to react to junk in the road or rocks thrown up. The 8500 feet of elevation up and down will be scary.
I agree - stopping in Rawlins is a must. I'll have to check out what is available at the campground.
Thanks.

RVParking.com | Find RV Parks, RV Park Reviews shows 3 locations with 50 Amp service.
I would call ahead just to make sure.

western-hills-campground-llc-xqx6a7ki-xi-9iwhi40i1m1pugjuzdpzvmanrk5vvxq.jpg

1. Western Hills Campground LLC
2500 Wagon Circle St
Rawlins, WY 82301
  • Electricity
  • Pull Throughs
rv-world-campground-rvworldcampground.rawlins.wy.jpg

2. RV World Campground
3101 Wagon Circle Rd
Rawlins, WY 82301
  • Electricity
  • Pull Throughs
placeholder_pic.png

3. Rawlins KOA
205 E Highway 71
Rawlins, WY 82301
  • Electricity
  • Pull Throughs

• Helpful
Reactions: tmoz
I'm not a fan of drafting - no time to react to junk in the road or rocks thrown up. The 8500 feet of elevation up and down will be scary.
I agree - stopping in Rawlins is a must. I'll have to check out what is available at the campground.
Thanks.
The elevation of Cheyenne and Rock Springs are nearly identical. IIRC there is some up and down in and around Laramie but west of Laramie is mostly high and flat. This trip is definitely more likely to be easier going west to east than east to west due to the prevailing winds.

• Helpful
Reactions: tmoz, BerTX and pox

Yes, KOA in Laramie is good 50 amps and only charge a few bucks and in Rawlins the KOA charges a full night or Red Rose RV Campground is only $5 an hour for 50 amps. I might have a 80 amp Level 2 setup at the Union Wireless building by then. The Supercharger might be done in Rawlins by then, the Marriott Fairfield Inn said they are getting one. Not sure they know if it's a Supercharger or destination charger. They kept telling me Tesla had wanted to have it installed before winter last year, it didn't happen. Just called again and left a message for the manager. Hope they call back with an update.

You can do it if you drive 55 no heat or ac, an extra few hours at RV would help a lot!
Yes - thanks a bunch for all that great info. I'd like to see how they are coming on the Big Boy restoration in Cheyenne. Might not be too much to see, but where ever they are in the process, it would be fun to see the old steam engine - sure glad those aren't in service anymore, but still impressive.