Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rock Springs, WY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good news / bad news. I wonder if by september, they mean August 21 st - the solar eclipse day. Gonna be tight.
In the long run, excellent news! Hopefully they can get it done quickly.

I wouldn't trust that timeline to much, I don't think they really know for sure. It was a random worker at the front desk that had to ask the manager and call me back. I asked her if it was destination or super and she said she was sure it was Superchargers.

I am headed to Jackson to bring folks out of there for the eclipse. It is already crowded out here. I was thinking of driving the S60 out the week before and leave there the week after. It is a 2300 mile ICE trip I have done several times. According to trip planner, it is 2900 miles via I90. I would love to be able to take the I80 route, but I just don't see the three SCs being done by then.

John
P.s. I was in Jackson for the Tesla event in the beginning of June.

I am headed to Jackson to bring folks out of there for the eclipse. It is already crowded out here. I was thinking of driving the S60 out the week before and leave there the week after. It is a 2300 mile ICE trip I have done several times. According to trip planner, it is 2900 miles via I90. I would love to be able to take the I80 route, but I just don't see the three SCs being done by then.

John
P.s. I was in Jackson for the Tesla event in the beginning of June.
Definitely agree that it's not going to work for you in a 60 by August. People with 85+s just need Rock Springs to come online, so they have a decent shot. This of course assumes they have patience and a sense of adventure :)

Woo Hoo! Rawlins just showed up as having a permit on supercharge.info. I'll have my S 85. If it is not done, I'll have to go slow and add an hour of charging to give me some margin.
Here's hoping they get these done by Aug 22nd.

Then, ahem, it might have shown up from those guys reading these posts.
Permit to construction lag can take long. 60 days is cutting it close, but it is possible.

Yeah I shouldn't have said "no shot." It's definitely possible but I wouldn't hold my breath.

If Rock Springs and Evanston open in the next few days and they send that crew directly over to Rawlins, then it might work out.

My family and I just drove from CA to Indy and we tried to make some our of stops at Superchargers in preparation for changing how we will road trip in the not too distant future. Here are some pictures of the Rock Springs location from this past Sunday.
fullsizeoutput_4732.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_4731.jpeg

Last edited:
Cool. Some government inspector probably has to come by and officially say it meets code and file some paperwork. Hopefully that won't take longer than the time it took to build it. Would be nice to see if something is going on at Evanston. But Rawlins is the lynch pin. We can live without the Evanston charger, but not without the Rawlins SC.

This will "complete" I-80 in a marginal sense. It would be completely traversable in warm weather in an 85+ although you'd have to drive at slow speeds to complete the Cheyenne to Rock Springs stretch. Keep an eye out for permits in Rawlins as that would make the drive much easier.
№##########

Last time I stayed overnight at Rawlings Best Western, probably a good place to install eight SC stations.

I think I see the transformer on the right edge of the top photo, which means Tesla just needs to come out to test it and turn it on. I imagine they will do this one at the same time as Evanston.
That looks like the switch gear, not a transformer. Transformers have taken months around these parts since it falls to the power companies. Would be nice to get these open, no doubt. Sheridan took about a week to build and a few weeks for the Tesla team to come and certify it. They activate it.