Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rock Springs, WY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah, my bad - with someone saying they charged at it and supercharge.info shows it open, I thought it had opened. We should let supercharge.info know to back it off to construction status.

I was able to charge on the 26th and the power company was there doing testing, told me the voltage was too high and Tesla needed it lowered. I got my full charge and took off to Vegas. On my way back on July 31st it was offline. I called Tesla yesterday and they said it was still offline. I'll be going back on Friday, Hope it's back on line then.

• Informative
Reactions: DrivingRockies
@BlueShift Rock Springs WY is not online yet.

I was able to charge on the 26th and the power company was there doing testing, told me the voltage was too high and Tesla needed it lowered. I got my full charge and took off to Vegas. On my way back on July 31st it was offline. I called Tesla yesterday and they said it was still offline. I'll be going back on Friday, Hope it's back on line then.

Sounds like it is really close.

I am confused on this since you showed it open a few weeks ago, now showing it is under construction again, but Tesla's supercharger site shows that it is open. Doses anyone know the straight scoop?
If it's live on Tesla's site then it must be open. That had never been the case before. I and at least one other charged here while it wasn't officially live on the Tesla site or in the nav. That's pretty common a few days before it goes live so we had it updated at supercharge.info. But then someone tried to charge and said it wasn't up and running and weeks went by without it going live on the site or nav so we had supercharge.info change it back to a construction cone. It looks like it must finally officially be live now. If you want the entire history, just read through the 7 pages of this thread!

Reactions: Fiver and Mattzilla
If it's live on Tesla's site then it must be open. That had never been the case before. I and at least one other charged here while it wasn't officially live on the Tesla site or in the nav. That's pretty common a few days before it goes live so we had it updated at supercharge.info. But then someone tried to charge and said it wasn't up and running and weeks went by without it going live on the site or nav so we had supercharge.info change it back to a construction cone. It looks like it must finally officially be live now. If you want the entire history, just read through the 7 pages of this thread!
It has happened before, with Bay City, MI among others. It's now, for the very first time, officially open on Tesla's sites. It's this sort of bouncing back and forth that I'm trying to convince Blueshift to avoid, by either continuing to show a site as still under construction when an owner has used it but it isn't yet official, or else coming up with another icon (I suggested a white question mark on the red dot) when it's been reported usable but its status is still unofficial. That way, we avoid situations like this one where the site may have been briefly live for testing, but problems have been found that require it to be taken offline until they're fixed, causing potential stranding by someone who's trusting supercharge.info more than Tesla. At least that way they'll know there's uncertainty, and can decide which to believe. I notice that Blueshift's put McAllen into 'temporarily closed' status, although I don't know what info that's based on - it, along with Erwin, NY has never been officially open, although both were shown as open on supercharge.info.

Simple question, is the Rock Springs supercharger open?
It shows up on the in car navigation as being active:
RockSprings.jpg

Reactions: EVCarGUy and KJD
Out of curiosity, I just put the round-trip between Rock Springs and Price, UT into A Better Routeplanner, to learn how those algorithms looked at the route. The pertinent criteria are in the snapshot below....ABR avers you can make it, each way....but it's tough. In fact, when I altered the "Goal Arrival Charge" from 5% to 10%, it re-routed me through Evanston, etc.

That route has some tough going. I'm not sure I'd suggest it with much confidence, esp if the weather were iffy.

As follows:
Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 6.19.57 PM.png

Reactions: KJD
Rock Springs to Price hmmmmm. That might be kind of fun to try. There is a steep uphill and downhill between Vernal and Flaming Gorge.

It seems like there would be some RV parks along the way for a Plan B, if you came up short.