Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rockaway NJ

Santa Claws

Aug 29, 2018
Northern NJ
11E62B20-33F6-4396-B8E6-021BDA16C096.jpeg

Still nothing registering on the meter...

And this is as of 5 minutes ago:

3C4C23C9-51A5-4191-8D94-1FE2E0308912.jpeg
1C1DDEDF-4D83-4ADB-9817-DEBAF26BB9BF.jpeg

So close I can feel it!!

Santa Claws

Aug 29, 2018
Northern NJ
I have some great news. I noticed these guys at the opposite end of the parking lot as I was about to head out:

E6C061B2-B45C-409F-8763-EEB4CD69B467.jpeg

So I go over and talk to them... Awesome dudes. Said the Supercharger needs to tap into AMC's power. That'll require turning off power to the movie theater Wednesday night.

And they said the Supercharger will be live by Thursday morning. :)

They were really curious as to how Teslas will be charged for their useage. They thought it might be free for all Teslas since there are no meters on each individual charger. I explained how usage is measured inside the Tesla and then charged to your CC. Their minds were blown lol.

DeepBlue3

Nov 5, 2018
The New Jersey
Awesome. This is going to help everyone out when the weather switches back to cold again. Thanks again for all the updates!

BTW someone please give the final word once you've confirmed it is in fact functioning on Thursday.

mmccord

Dec 9, 2014
Pine Bush, NY
I have some great news. I noticed these guys at the opposite end of the parking lot as I was about to head out:

View attachment 374477

So I go over and talk to them... Awesome dudes. Said the Supercharger needs to tap into AMC's power. That'll require turning off power to the movie theater Wednesday night.

And they said the Supercharger will be live by Thursday morning. :)

They were really curious as to how Teslas will be charged for their useage. They thought it might be free for all Teslas since there are no meters on each individual charger. I explained how usage is measured inside the Tesla and then charged to your CC. Their minds were blown lol.

Race you there Thursday morning. :)

• Funny
Reactions: madodel

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC