Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rockaway NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@mmccord said they weren't lit up as of 8AM today... maybe they couldn't do the cutover last night as they planned. They still have plenty of time before Saturday, but it's not comforting to see them miss a date.

They probably did as the movie theater didn't have any showings starting past 8PM. So they planned for it. Either way, getting firstenergy to connect the service is part of it, then they have to likely activate the site and put it online. Then it's go time.

Perhaps someone should prepare a gasoline filling hose for this event? The filler nozzle on one end, the threaded fitting to the pump on the other end. Place a cut right at the middle point, then install two hose barbs on either end. To make it re-usable place an inexpensive piece of vinyl tubing attached to these hose barbs. To use as a superb photo-op prop, take a pair of simple office scissors to easily cut the vinyl tubing. It's cheap enuf to be replaced for a less than a nickel per use.

Key point: It's sustainable, the photographers and reporters covering the event love to use this verbiage: "ushering in a new era of electrified transportation..." in the caption descriptions.

Cutting an expensive ribbon in half and then tossing it into landfill is not just sustainable!

I have a brand new never used diesel filler hose (without the vapor recovery sleeve around the central hose) which could be shipped for under $20 via FedEx ground. Anyone serious about providing such coverage? I'd want it back of course, so shipping would be on you. Or make one up yourself! Leave the filling station equipment alone, however! ;)

I'm with the non-profit organizations Electric Auto Association and PlugInAmerica. Some of you may recall that we put together the past 8 years of National Drive Electric Week (NDEW) alongside of the Sierra Club during September. Check us out! National Drive Electric Week This year in April it's a similar theme - Drive Electric Earth Day (DEED). Drive Electric Earth Day Come join us! Just sign up and help out with your own vehicles in your local event, or put one yourself!

"SUCCESS AT ALMOST ANYTHING RESTS UPON THIS SINGLE PRINCIPLE: DO THE BASICS, DO THEM WELL, AND DO THEM EVERY DAY, EVEN WHEN YOU DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM." - MATTHEW KELLY

A couple years ago I was on the Grand Opening invite list for the Norfolk, VA supercharger. Day before the event got an email saying event was cancelled due to a construction incident. Tragically an electrician, testing or whatever - no one knows, somehow got electrocuted. Really sad. But point is, there's still a lot to be done before they "Go Live", even if the cut-over is made. They will also need all sorts of permit sign-offs from utility co as well as municipality. And us local folks know how great (not) a utility company JCP&L is.

Still I applaud everyone's enthusiasm!!