Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rockford, IL - McFarland Rd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brought my new Model S home tonight. Only had a 35% charge when I arrived in Rockford. Plugged in my wall connector. It reported about 4 hours and 30 minutes at 48 amps required to charge up to 90%. I dropped the charge max level to 80% which might help the battery longevity. It has been charging so far for about 2 hours. The conduit is still cold. The flexible cable from the Wall Connector to the car is slightly warm. I'm calling my Wall Connector install a success!

Ooops. Sorry, I meant to post this in the Wall Connector install thread.

But now that I have my new Tesla, I'll check out the new Woodman's Supercharger location and report back here when I find it operating.
Model S? CONGRATS. Is it the plaid?

TMC redirect from Supercharge Info. Discussion can continue here.

Original post: New Supercharger - Rockford IL
Rockford Illinois
The new SuperCharger at Woodman’s Grocery Store is now listed on the map in the car just search SuperCharger.
McFarland Road.
Today it listed 6 of the 12 available 250KW
Now we can fry our batteries quicker.
Have not used it yet.
Drove by Thursday and the Tech was here from Detroit getting it all set up.
He said many more are being added including adding the WIFI and Cherry Vale will be Upgraded.

Model S? CONGRATS. Is it the plaid?
Thanks. My first EV. I love it. Not Plaid. Just Model S refresh which is crazy fast when you want it. I also have a reservation in on the Ford F-150 Lightning (EV).

Attachments

• IMG_7024.jpg
    IMG_7024.jpg
    874 KB · Views: 98
Monday when I was there someone said not to use the third one from the South end that they had a problem with the plug.
They need someway to mark it out of order.
They left the plug on the ground and I think someone had put it back.
Hope it got fixed. They said they were going to call it in. Sounded like it would not plug in.

Monday when I was there someone said not to use the third one from the South end that they had a problem with the plug.
They need someway to mark it out of order.
They left the plug on the ground and I think someone had put it back.
Hope it got fixed. They said they were going to call it in. Sounded like it would not plug in.
Went by today and somebody was in that 3rd charging location 1C so it probably did get fixed.
Great to know.
Hated to see the plug just laying on the ground in the snow (last week) had to move it.

Still covers on 4 chargers. Does anyone know why they are numbered 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 2A, 2B, 2C, 2D, 3A, 3B, 3C, 3D? I heard that older superchargers shared power so if two cars were parked next to each other, the charging rate would be cut in half.
D2BFAB81-BB24-40E5-858C-B8D4CAF6E0B4.jpeg

I stopped here yesterday on my way to Chicago. The middle four stalls were still covered.

On the return trip today, I used the Cherryvale supercharger. The problem with Cherryvale for traffic going west from Chicago is the fact that you have to just across two lanes on 39 very quickly to get to this supercharger, but you would not have to pay the Riverside ramp toll.

(Next time I will consider exiting at Irene Road to reach Cherryvale since it appears to offer a safer access for traffic going west on the tollway.)