Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rockledge, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guessing this will probably take the place of Cocoa West? Or course, that's what I thought about Titusville!
No, Titusville was definitely the Cocoa West pin that had been on Tesla's map. That pin is no longer there now that Titusville is open. If that's not convincing for you, you can check the url of Tesla's listing for the Titusville location, which specifically names it: cocoawestsupercharger.

• Informative
Reactions: Ciaopec
No, Titusville was definitely the Cocoa West pin that had been on Tesla's map. That pin is no longer there now that Titusville is open. If that's not convincing for you, you can check the url of Tesla's listing for the Titusville location, which specifically names it: cocoawestsupercharger.

Yes. Once Titusville was built I thought it was the Cocoa West location but never looked again because I live so close. Really meaningless for me since I charge at home. So that leaves Rockledge as an unannounced "pop up". Guess for the same reason we have a new service center: lots of new Tesla owners. Can't blink around here without seeing a M or Y.

Permit was issued 01/25/2021

Attachments

• 0B9B1894-2D42-44A3-BBA0-557D1B54A8E2.png
    0B9B1894-2D42-44A3-BBA0-557D1B54A8E2.png
    246.8 KB · Views: 161
Here’s an update of the area! looks like it’s going to be a 12 stall. There are more stalls to the left of the main unit area.

Rockledge 11.jpeg

Although the original permit application / plan review was for 8 Version 3 Supercharger cabinets, Tesla informs me that there will be 12 Supercharger cabinets consistent with the fact that three have been delivered as shown in the photo above.

So far, it appears that only 8 charging posts have been installed.

For more photos: Supercharger Station in Rockledge now under construction

Larry

Reactions: mociaf9
Latest pictures (14FE), definitely a 12 stall site.

Weird orientation. Not parallel to curb. Also seems like they installed them backwards. Although with how far the pilings are from the charger maybe they need that orientation to reach the car.

The only other thing I can think of is, maybe there getting ready for future cars with charge ports on either side.

Attachments

• C5DB931A-D61F-4227-BDA1-D2E489D880A6.jpeg
    C5DB931A-D61F-4227-BDA1-D2E489D880A6.jpeg
    782.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 19E2C5C4-9134-4C73-9239-9E5BAE49C0CE.jpeg
    19E2C5C4-9134-4C73-9239-9E5BAE49C0CE.jpeg
    647.9 KB · Views: 91
Reactions: mociaf9
Latest pictures (14FE), definitely a 12 stall site.

Weird orientation. Not parallel to curb. Also seems like they installed them backwards. Although with how far the pilings are from the charger maybe they need that orientation to reach the car.

The only other thing I can think of is, maybe there getting ready for future cars with charge ports on either side.

Unusual orientation to be sure. But it looks nice and the cord will be as close as if the equipment had been installed parallel IMHO.

Do we think the pedestal is centered in each parking spot or between parking spots?
No lines are painted yet, but they are close to being centered with the bollards. I would think that would be centered in the spot
They will be between parking spots - basically where the parking lines will be drawn.
This is to help folks that have bike racks/tow-hitch shelves, which is getting more common with Model Y having a standard (factory installed) tow-hitch.

Almost finished. They were pulling the fence down when I left.

Thanks for the photos, but there appears to be a bit more utility work needed. As of yesterday, there was no utility transformer or meter.

Rockledge Supercharger Station parking lot Feb 19 2021.jpg

The existing transformer on the right denotes the location of the existing underground high voltage cable. The utility markers near the Supercharger installation suggest that the utility will be boring under the street to extend the cable to the Supercharger location. There is excavation adjacent to the Supercharger pad. It is the likely location of a future concrete pad for a new transformer to power the Supercharger Station. So, while the fencing has been removed and to the casual observer this installation looks almost ready, the fact remains that there is a bit more utility work needed.

For more photos: Supercharger Station in Rockledge now under construction.

Rockledge 21 (2).jpg

This is a zoomed portion of the third photo in posting #16 provided above. We can see that the meter cabinet is installed, but a meter has not be inserted in the cabinet. There also appears to be conduit to the left of the meter cabinet which is probably going to be used for the transformer pad.

Larry

Last edited:
@MarcoRP @Chuq @corywright @Larry Chanin Stopped by today and talked to the Tesla Energy guys who were in the process of commissioning this locations. Closing out some minor items; placing the post numbers on; etc. They asked me if I wanted to charge so I obliged. Three sets of 4 circuits (12 stalls total as mentioned somewhere above). They said they would be sending an email shortly and after that it will show as live. Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_0772.jpg
    IMG_0772.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 61