Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rocklin, CA (Tesla Service Center, 18 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This was posted by @mspohr in another thread but I wanted to show it here. If anyone spots signs of construction beginning, please post photos. Thanks.
Just a little more information.
I had my car serviced there yesterday (great service people at this location, btw) and there was a backhoe digging up the parking lot next to the Supercharger cabinet. They had dug a trench towards the West where there is lots of additional parking space. They had put conduit in the trench and there was a new concrete pad for a new transformer which was not installed yet. The service people told me that they would be adding 10 new Supercharger stations (in addition to the current 8 stations).
No sign of the new station pedestals yet but it looks like they will go along the West edge of the parking lot in a row towards the street.
This is a handy stop at an I80 exit and I use it a lot to get a full charge to get me up over Donner Summit.
This Supercharger/Service Center has solar panels on canopies over the charger and along the Southwest edge of the parking. I don't know if they will be adding an additional canopy and solar panels over the new spots.
Great to see this expansion.

Oz4RBPn.jpg

Rocklin SC progress as of today.

Was there this afternoon. If the existing eight stalls, three were iced by construction crews and equipment, and as we arrived all remaining five were occupied. Would have preferred the tesla nav map display a reduced service for that location if they continue to block stalls. The store staff was very helpful in freeing up a spot though, kudos . We were done in less than 30 minutes and on our way. Imho it will be another week or two before the new stalls come online.

I charged there Friday evening. Initially I was in Roseville having dinner and charged with 6 miles left when I arrived. Was getting max 54kW so I moved two other times and didn't fair any better. So I just stopped as I was running late. After dinner decided to try Rocklin since it was showing 18 stalls available. 4 stalls are still corded off and there was noone charging from the new stalls so I didn't know if it was actually up and running. Since I wanted some shade too I decided to charge from one of the old stalls facing the street.

I was getting slower charge than Roseville (in the 40s) and when another Tesla parked next to my pair stall I decided to move and test the new charger since the sun was beaming in my face anyway. I was getting full charge rate there so it may it may be the better choice if you are getting less than ideal charging rate.

Stopped at Rocklin to charge to get up the hill today and all 18 stalls occupied! (I got the last one but three other Teslas pulled in behind me and had to wait. This was about 1pm and this is a busy week with lots of people on vacation. When I was finished charging, there were three empty stalls so the lunchtime rush was over.
I thought that 18 stalls would be plenty but they were all full today.
Also noticing a lot more Teslas driving around. They really are taking over California.

• Informative
Reactions: EVCarGUy
Stopped at Rocklin to charge to get up the hill today and all 18 stalls occupied! (I got the last one but three other Teslas pulled in behind me and had to wait. This was about 1pm and this is a busy week with lots of people on vacation. When I was finished charging, there were three empty stalls so the lunchtime rush was over.
I thought that 18 stalls would be plenty but they were all full today.
Also noticing a lot more Teslas driving around. They really are taking over California.

Agreed ... get ready for the Model 3 Tsunami coming to a SC near you in 2018 :cool:

• Funny
Reactions: HillCountryFun
It can get busy depending on traffic.
Lots of good options for lunch in the adjacent shopping center across from Target.

Thanks for the info! I assume with 18 stalls there is rarely a line and if so turnover is pretty quick? Not too concerned with a slow rate to start since I’ll be stopping for food.

Also since I’ll have a ski rack on the car, any concern someone will take them when I’m at lunch? Looks like a fine area, especially with the SvC there.