Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rocklin, CA (Tesla Service Center, 18 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jackbowers

Jack Bowers
Aug 23, 2009
It looks like a four-station with solar canopy is going in. The trenching is mostly done, so it could be up and running in mid-to-late January. This will be very convenient driving to Reno/Tahoe.

4.4 miles from Roseville and 12 miles from Folsom? The more the better and it makes sense for service centers to be able to fast charge, but this is going to be the most Supercharger dense area in the world.

4.4 miles from Roseville and 12 miles from Folsom? The more the better and it makes sense for service centers to be able to fast charge, but this is going to be the most Supercharger dense area in the world.
Yes, and I love it! Though, we do most of our charging at home, and still will...

- - - Updated - - -

YAY! My favorite service center now with fast charge. Get to visit with all my friendly people while I charge. Can't be beat!

Don't forget the coffee and sodas...

Supercharger - Sacramento-Rocklin, CA

Someone just posted these to a group in Facebook. It looks like there are Superchargers going in at the Sacramento-Rocklin, CA Store / Service Center. It also appears that they are using solar panels at this location! I think this might be location #3 for solar. The interesting thing is that there is a Supercharger site just 5 miles away in Roseville, CA. Can anyone confirm?

10881547_759454960804916_1173235973189367012_n.jpg

10881574_759454924138253_184329501925610817_n.jpg

1897850_759455064138239_3842444254586968108_n.jpg

10406879_759455040804908_672356872307472944_n.jpg

I was by there today to test drive their new Grey P85D with the next Gen front seats (as I patiently wait for my MX reservation #14360). The sales guy would only say solar is going in with a smirk. I guess all those grey pipes must be for water then. Hmmm?

The Roseville SC was up and running when we drove by as well.

Someone just posted these to a group in Facebook. It looks like there are Superchargers going in at the Sacramento-Rocklin, CA Store / Service Center. It also appears that they are using solar panels at this location! I think this might be location #3 for solar. The interesting thing is that there is a Supercharger site just 5 miles away in Roseville, CA. Can anyone confirm?

QUOTE]

I saw 3 large wood crates labeled tesla supercharger at Ricklin while having tires replaced today. There were also transformers staged there.

While waiting for my tires, 2 trucks arrived and delivered 14 new Tesla MS's

Good progress. Photo was taken yesterday and shows the interesting charger geometry; three back-to-back pairs and two single chargers. Foreman said his work would be complete in two to three weeks, but expected a considerable delay from PG&E. The site has extensive solar panels, well beyond the supercharger area. It will also incorporate a battery. Impressive.

file:///Users/mauricemurphy/Desktop/IMG_0066.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_0066.JPG

Great job at staying on top of this construction site!! Love the photos, they really help us all get a good look around the site!!

Another thing to look for at this site are Bi-directional battery storage units. {The BDBSU's are usually on the same pad as the utility cabinets and supercharger} These units will capture and store the solar energy produced during during the day, to be used during peak times of need. There are pictures of the bi-directional battery storage units on the Barstow Supercharger thread for reference.

Keep the photos coming! You are reporting to the world. Daily updates with lots photos are greatly appreciated by everyone that views this thread. Locals, i.e. Tesla enthusiasts, to this thread... keep up the good work at keeping us all informed.

One other thing that we may see over time are different styles of solar canopies/supporting designs etc. at supercharging sites. Some styles may be site specific, but over time Tesla may find one particular style that fits there corporate image perfectly. Ref: remember the older style supercharging pedestals and now... we see the beautiful lit pedestals.:biggrin:

Thanks again for the updates!!!

Was there today for a tire rotation. For those that question why they're putting in a supercharger so close to the Roseville site (at the Galleria shopping center), the answers I got from the staff were:

1) Easier on/off from I-80 for folks traveling to/from Tahoe
2) More things to do nearby now that the two large shopping centers with restaurants, movies nearby have opened
3) The supercharger at the Galleria has just a 5 year lease and has no easy room to expand

I suspect it's #3 that really drove the decision.

Was at Rocklin today. Solar array is huge, three large canopies, plus the people inside say the roof will be covered also. I figure around 50 kW, but who knows? Tons. Charge in the shade. 8 stalls, go inside and bother the staff, or walk over next door for food and shopping.

Tesla needs to add a little ambiance to the Service Center. As they add numbers of cars, they will need more chairs, more channels on the TV (FOUR now???), maybe a little junk food? Nothing to do, Huge Room, etc. You can only spend so long at the "mall" next door.

Pics? Sure. Just showing progress.

Rocklin Service cr.jpg

So... it's all pull-thru, in opposing directions?
Like two-sided gas pump islands but everyone's gas cap is on the left side? :)

I don't think so, it seems like the cars will be facing away from each other.
Those in the same column will be plugging in to different sides, something like this:

Tesla SC Rocklin.png

Of course the number/letter of each SC stall is a total guess, but just to give you an idea.