Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rocklin, CA (Tesla Service Center, 18 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the info on the SC grand opening. Heard about it when I was in a few weeks ago for service.

So you got the sole Model S loaner huh? I got a damned Audi A4. Was kind of turned off by that. Here we spend this kind of money and we get an ICE as a service loaner.

Was there this morning dropping off my car for minor service. When I got into my car at home and navigated to the Service Center (which was a previous destination) it came up as 'Rocklin SuperCharger' instead. Interesting behind the scenes changes in Nav. Staff hadn't seen this yet. SC went live and up on Tesla's website yesterday. Staff told me that the re-opening/re-design party/reception has been pushed back to April at some point, they're hoping that Elon will come and do the ribbon-cutting. It's the third Solar-based SC in the network.

Have a loaner of a P85D today. Boy, the new seats are such an improvement. Hope that once they catch up on inventory there will be an upgrade path for owners of earlier cars...
I would totally stop by if Elon will be in attendance!

A couple of photos from a story about the Rocklin CA superchargers. QUESTION. Are there bi-directional battery packs at Rocklin CA supercharging site?

tesla-supercharger-site-with-photovoltaic-solar-panels-rocklin-california-feb-2015_100501647_l.jpg
tesla-supercharger-site-with-photovoltaic-solar-panels-rocklin-california-feb-2015_100501645_l.jpg

Last edited:
I also had the opportunity to stop by the Rocklin SC yesterday afternoon.

First, on the solar arrays, there are 3 distinct ones installed at that location:

1. The one above the SC stalls is facing northwest (not sure why they didn't orient it 180º to face southeast...)
2. A larger one behind the SC and main building, facing west
3. A third one facing southwest

Second, the layout of the SC stalls is unique in that there are 2 uneven rows (one of 3 stalls, another one of 5 stalls) facing away from each other, as such:

Tesla SC Rocklin (small).png

The stall 3A, where I plugged in, has an extra amount of space to its right (between 3A and 2B) - not sure why.
I may be for disabled access, but there is little space on the driver's side.

Finally, here are all the photos I took of the site:

IMG_7175.jpg

IMG_7176.jpg

IMG_7177.jpg

IMG_7180.jpg

IMG_7182.jpg

IMG_7184.jpg

IMG_7185.jpg

IMG_7198.jpg

IMG_7200.jpg

First, on the solar arrays, there are 3 distinct ones installed at that location:

1. The one above the SC stalls is facing northwest (not sure why they didn't orient it 180º to face southeast...)
2. A larger one behind the SC and main building, facing west
3. A third one facing southwest

Are electric rates higher (when selling back to the utility) in the afternoon than the morning? I wonder if the panels are biased toward the west to generate more during afternoon peaks. Or maybe it was just easier that way given the geometry of the lot?

Tesla Rocklin is in PG&E Territory and the Peak rates are from Noon-6pm, Mon-Fri, May 1 to Oct. 31 for commercial accounts. There is no peak rate during the winter season, only Part-Peak and Off-Peak. Off-Peak is 9:30pm-8:30am Mon-Fri and all day weekends and holidays.

Elon's scheduled appearances, with a few exceptions of course, are rarely confirmed for (I assume) security reasons. He might, he might not. :) Part of the fun.

Where's Elon? is a good game to play.

Could be for security reasons, but I think the more likely explanation is that other demands on his time could crop up at any moment. So unless his appearance is critical it could easily end up being canceled.

Reactions: bxr140
Anybody know about crowds today in front of the 4th?
I'll answer my own question. Arrived at the Rocklin SC yesterday (7/2/15) at about 7 PM after a miserable and crowded drive from Napa. I was expecting the worse. And to my amazement not one car was there. After about 15 minutes a brand new P85D rolled in. Turns out the guy had just taken delivery of it that afternoon from the very same Rocklin Service Center. Be curious if things change over the weekend.

Going in for my P100D's first service today.

Windshield wiper fluid wasn't provided at delivery, chrome slightly misaligned on driver/passenger door trim, and a small plastic piece popped out behind the front passenger door handle.

Hoping to get a AP1 loaner so I can experience the previous gen autosteer functions. Excited!!