Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rohnert Park, CA (LIVE 9 May 2019, 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In front of the Target in Rohnert Park their are 12 Stalls V2 145KW Superchargers under construction. Good location, close to Rohnert Park Expressway, and in a fairly under utilized location in the parking lot. Located here: Google Maps

zhXYgUx1n7ZSwJQ_9DghJ28ShOhChmJ_mrsqMQn2fQeogARBmDDUINggpWWlfTAwIFHaxi_UQ-LpO8LoNhPIQCBMUbRzrS_cHO2nU9BNP3URwaQ0i3l2kLxaTYY9lqb2RwEvr5D2fpRNXYvlPszFz8JNO7RS_CXlluwczIObSlNA7wSNKBYCYUnIwE8TdUXvi_Vcsdo9n_O-BBR3kEQzVtY7Q2WkppPmoFKhJrdNwIkqJ6sYORWeoTqrUGgmva1Mvyr8sblSFqNxArPiYLbjJz1fH910pXNlGJ3ufZYPDG7RUPuJCXksJBsIFTkArdmxEaiyGihmODNrmMspLduba6t1JnnULhIowoa3q6deoMV44y2XiHKiWUr3JW9ig56fLK4ht0YhJqXBomJkDaimT86bk-c5wa-m5ZF_H7eRH5NZ07v-5unEoRjCFXaTazZSvX55qfViaKXON-YAa4qXK4g1AjRyxKXyZwrY79WVYk9DI3x8jTEAfLxqmpzA-oRuYh68_sNt7PkfAvDKsXYm4trfJL9GAmtpVaXdZpZ48ybM7hMli8LiwklqblE0AoD-pWaPnsrG6Z-TmFNAkZntd84TcoGAAT3aaBkTUmZcPXCnYcmw1MGCvrsKjw5j8vxznekUXt28r7BSZodlMH_7egnYyrmCVVCU=w727-h969-no

Attachments

• download_20190309_233823.jpg
    download_20190309_233823.jpg
    699.1 KB · Views: 283
  • download_20190309_233826.jpg
    download_20190309_233826.jpg
    452.5 KB · Views: 231
  • download_20190309_233828.jpg
    download_20190309_233828.jpg
    870.3 KB · Views: 235
Thread title has a typo/error. It should say 12 stalls, not 10. There are 6 supercharger cabinets visible in the pictures, and the opening post also said 12 stalls.
Thanks Mods! I typed the post saying their was 10 stalls at first, went back and counted the cabinets, noticed my error, edited the thread body, noticed I could not fix the title. But its all been fixed now.

Those photos are about two weeks old. The trenching is now all filled in and asphalted over. The big hold up now seems to be PG&E, their is not transformer/PG&E equipment on the pad are not there, conduit is in, but no wire pulled yet.

Thanks Mods! I typed the post saying their was 10 stalls at first, went back and counted the cabinets, noticed my error, edited the thread body, noticed I could not fix the title. But its all been fixed now.

Those photos are about two weeks old. The trenching is now all filled in and asphalted over. The big hold up now seems to be PG&E, their is not transformer/PG&E equipment on the pad are not there, conduit is in, but no wire pulled yet.
That is great. I get my tires at Americas Tire right down the street.

Drove by yesterday and nothing happening, must be waiting on the transformer.
Once on, could somebody confirm the initial designation as 145kW V2? You'll need a suitably update SW in your car to bump the charge rate above 120kW (as well as a sufficiently low SoC). Incidentally, I speculate that if all stalls are occupied by 10%SoC cars, then there is no way that full 120+ kW is delivered. I think the bottleneck ends up being the transformer in that case (but I'd be happy to be proven wrong).

Fences are all down, so was excited to use it... But looks like the On switch hasn't been flipped yet, no juice flowing.

I am surprised at the design, however. I had to back all the way in and get right against the curb bumper to be able for the cord to reach. Guess I've been spoiled by the double pull-through down in Petaluma.

• Informative
Reactions: Blu Zap
I am surprised at the design, however. I had to back all the way in and get right against the curb bumper to be able for the cord to reach. Guess I've been spoiled by the double pull-through down in Petaluma.

There's at least one site (Alameda, if I remember correctly) where the bumpers had to be repositioned for this reason.

Bruce.

Just visited this site and there is indeed a rather big thing missing... the transformer!

So we can wait on that for who knows how long.

It also looked like they would eventually build an enclosure around the transformer.

Lastly, the parking bumpers are a little far out but do not prevent one from plugging in. You need to get within a foot or so of the bumper to plug in which is fine. Hypothetically, in temperatures well below freezing it might be extremely difficult to plug in with a stiff cable, but those type of temperatures don't really happen around here so it should be fine.

Is it now working or still under construction?
Can't speak to right NOW, but as I said in the previous post (March 31st), it didn't yet have a transformer so that might take a while. Title of this thread says "construction in progress" and no one has reported otherwise, so unless you want to check it out for yourself, I would assume it still under construction.