Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rolla, MO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just spoke to the Bandana's manager and the contractor had to rip out all the concrete and remove all the stalls. It did not meet Tesla's specs. More delays!!!

Be through there in a week... looks like to get from St. Louis to OKC I'll have to go to Kansas City and down to Wichita again... This is the only detour on my Maine to NM trip. I was hoping this more direct route would be open.. but, so much for Southern Missouri.. still a dead spot.

2013 Model S Pear White VIN 4063 19" wheels. a pleasure to drive 45,000 miles Model 3 reserved. Thinking about a P100D.

Last edited:
Construction is not rocket science. I wonder what the contractor did that was so wrong.

Could be any single thing, or multiple smaller things:
I don't know any specifics for this location, each project and location is unique due to local soils and anticipated weather conditions.
The General Contractor is responsible for construction and quality of the entire project, each project probably has multiple Sub-contractors.

Depth, diameter and shape of piers might not meet specifications to prevent deep frost line having piers and footing from heaving.
Density and strength of concrete, various add-mixtures required, and they were not.
Concrete could have been too dry or was already setting up when it was poured.
Or it could have been placed during hot weather, and it needed to be cured slower without correct /technique procedures.
Specifications might have required gravel or sand at bottom of hole prior to placing concrete, and none was used.
Might have required/specified pier casings and none were used -- especially if the concrete top is to be above the adjacent ground level.
Might have used incorrect reinforcing bars, or insufficient ties.
Might have required dowels or dimples to be used on steel sleeves. for proper adhesion.

• Informative
Reactions: efusco
IMG_20160903_164421.jpg
Took this picture today in Rolla.
View attachment 193025

Last edited:
Man...This is a terrible disappointment...I was able to pass by this weekend and it looked like the above picture. I was really hoping to use this charger in two weeks. I'm thinking that is a long shot at this point.
I don't know that I'd call it a long shot, but it is an unknown. Really depends upon what needs to be fixed. If it's simple and just pour new concrete, then it could be ready by this weekend. If it's major rewiring, yea, it could be a bit.

I wonder if the Tesla Rep showed up with the test Model S, backed up, and drug the bottom of the car on the too high curb.
That would be one good reason to have them tear it all out.
The pedestals almost looked too high in the pic on the previous page.
Has anyone heard anything on Rolla this week? I'm scheduled to drive from St. Louis to Branson on Friday but I may not be able to you my Tesla without the Rolla supercharger.

Has anyone heard anything on Rolla this week? I'm scheduled to drive from St. Louis to Branson on Friday but I may not be able to you my Tesla without the Rolla supercharger.
You should ask some of the regular, and local, posters on this thread, but a look on Plugshare suggests to me that you could make the Branson trip if you have the time for some level 2 charging. It looks like you have enough decent level 2 charging options along the route and in Branson. The estimate I got from the EVTripplanner site suggested you'd need 86-87 kW and 288 range miles to get to Branson, and just slightly less to get back.

Based on the picture JohnSnowNW posted last Friday, the Rolla supercharger may not be open for another 2-3 weeks. And that's being optimistic.

So, no new news yet...I'm on pins and needles.

I've made the drive from STL to Nixa, MO many times (over 20) in my Model S 85. The trip from STL is harder than the trip to STL due to elevation.

Do look on PlugShare. There's a camp ground called Gasconade Hills Resort at about the half-way point that has 2 very solid 80amp Tesla HPWCs and the owners are very nice about allowing people to charge there. If you have time, you could even call and schedule a canoe trip while your car charges.

Once you get to Springfield you can top up at the Houlihan's while you have a bite to eat, again, good 80amp charging that's free if you're a patron.

If that doesn't work, depending upon timing, you're welcome to come by my house (also on Plugshare) in Nixa, it's pretty much on the way just South of Springfield, where I have 2 80 amp HPWCs that you're welcome to use if/when I'm home. But I will tell you that I probably won't be home much of the time until late that evening.