Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rolling Meadows, IL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't realize how great of a location this is until I zoomed in on the supercharge.info map. This looks like such a great place. You got so many food options, Portillos across the street. You got Mitsuwa Marketplace down the street a bit for some ramen runs.

I'm hopeful we will eventually see superchargers at Major Malls (Woodfield, Fox Valley, Oak Brook Center, maybe Stratford? etc).

My brother and I meet for lunch every week at Sushi Station which is right across the street. We've been going there for maybe 10 years. Good sushi and great prices.

Have you been to Mitsuwa and tried the sushi there? My sister said it's awesome. I haven't tried myself and I think I'll give it a shot next time I'm in to see if it compares to the quality in Japan.

IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
Drove by today after Sushi Tuesday

Have you been to Mitsuwa and tried the sushi there? My sister said it's awesome. I haven't tried myself and I think I'll give it a shot next time I'm in to see if it compares to the quality in Japan.
I've never been to Mitsuwa, but there's a lot of good sushi places around there (by Chicago standards; it's hard to beat west coast sushi). Sushi Station is a sushi bar, a little tight, and much simpler. It's good enough though and we've become regulars so the owner gives us Japanese treats and toys for the kids, etc. Kind of nice :)

20-30 years ago that area had a huge Japanese ex-pat population, but I'm not sure that is the case so much any longer.

Reactions: Bebop
Two weeks ago they had it all trenched out. It's hard to tell, but in the second picture you can see that the power is all stubbed out to the stations and they're getting the curbs poured. So should be soon I'd imagine - three months maybe, six months definitely. :p

Unrelated to these chargers, I'm wondering if any of you on this thread have your Model S windows tinted. I've looked in to doing, but would love to see a tinted version up close (not driving) -- preferably 35% all the way around.

If anyone has them, and you're up for meeting me, let me know. I'm in Chicago, but on the border of the city and Lincolnwood, so close to many of the burbs. Happy to come to you.

Unrelated to these chargers, I'm wondering if any of you on this thread have your Model S windows tinted. I've looked in to doing, but would love to see a tinted version up close (not driving) -- preferably 35% all the way around.

If anyone has them, and you're up for meeting me, let me know. I'm in Chicago, but on the border of the city and Lincolnwood, so close to many of the burbs. Happy to come to you.
I had my Signature tinted and also did my P90D (3M Crystalline). PM me if you would like to arrange to meet.

Attachments

• P90D(1).JPG
    P90D(1).JPG
    430.4 KB · Views: 92