Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rolling Meadows, IL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
49CB367E-09A6-4EFC-95A5-874952BC0468.jpeg

B12E6A0A-68F7-4A39-8A82-DC84533DFB33.jpeg
Nice!! I literally missed the update on this thread yesterday. Was messing around in the maps in my car just now and noticed the rolling meadows was online. Then came here to post the photo right now :p

This is awesome! Looking forward to some urban chargers being installed.

Ready for 10 more chargers? As busy as this location is, I would say YES!
Demand Brings More Tesla Supercharging Stations To Rolling Meadows | Journal & Topics Media Group
This morning, I found the town council meeting discussion concerning the Superchargers. The Superchargers have been approved and a permit has been issued, as discussed before. When there is a planned expansion to take place, are we to add a new pin on Supercharge info or keep as is?

Link to the council meeting: https://www.cityrm.org/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Agenda/_02262019-566

E262847C-E0FA-4262-BC7C-743EFF3326AA.jpeg
5DF5624A-B4FA-4BE6-9C9F-44089E87606E.jpeg
0CA9CE27-DE78-444A-B39E-A2B93CF2E0DF.jpeg
EE1B19D1-98BB-4868-8DDE-626FFA925000.jpeg

I've never seen this site less than half full. Second busiest in the Chicagoland area after Bolingbrook I think.

Charged there a few weeks back 2 times around dinner (6 to 8pm). First time I was only one there, second there were 2 others. Maybe I was just at an oddball time both times. Probably busy during day hours though.

Really wish they’d put in the Deerfield/Northbrook one sooner.

Really wish they’d put in the Deerfield/Northbrook one sooner.

Not happening anytime soon, I have been checking Deerfield and Northbrook planning websites for some time--no permit applications have even been filed yet. Tesla website has shown Northbrook as 2018, and then 2019. Given permitting process I'd say 2020 at best. With HP sc mostly off line there is big hole in sc network in north suburbs.

Just charged here today and wanted to share something.

Be on the lookout for a white male probably in his mid 40s driving a tan Honda Accord. My wife and I pulled into a stall 2A I think and he came flying into the lot nearly hit our car and proceeded to park at a stall two over from us. We got out and plugged the car in and started walking for the grocery store. While going to the bathroom I get a notification of the charge being interrupted and return to find him walking around my car. As I return he quickly gets back in his car and parks in the super charger right against my passenger side and sits in his car starting at me smoking a cigarette.

Another Tesla then parks in the in the grocery store lot (not supercharger) and he then pulls out droves over a curb and landscaping then starts making doughnuts around the other Tesla in the lot. He then proceeded to make slow passes of the super charger until we left. Probably should have recorded it but he didn’t do anything I though the police would do anything about. He didn’t cause any damage or say a word but it was definitely the most bizarre behavior I wanted to ask him why he was doing any of this so badly but wasn’t going to escalate the situation with my wife around if I could avoid it.