Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rolling Prairie, IN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a huge development -- notably on the Indiana Toll Road where the Big-Oil partnership with state government has been rigid and unyielding. But there are national takeaways:

1. The pit-stop simplicity of rest-area refueling can save almost two hours on a family trip between, say, Chicago and Toledo -- as twice you can wave to the good folks at Mishawaka's University Park Mall supercharger while you whiz by on the Toll Road.

2. The infrastructure horizon becomes clearer -- toll-road charging can soon become as routine as gasoline and diesel fill-ups.

3. Notably, Tesla seems to be beating its electric competition to the first punch, once again.

Yet still no federal charging standards and protocol?

Well, at least the exit to the Transportation Secretary's hometown is the next one on the Toll Road, just west of Mishawaka.

This is a huge development -- notably on the Indiana Toll Road where the Big-Oil partnership with state government has been rigid and unyielding. But there are national takeaways:

1. The pit-stop simplicity of rest-area refueling can save almost two hours on a family trip between, say, Chicago and Toledo -- as twice you can wave to the good folks at Mishawaka's University Park Mall supercharger while you whiz by on the Toll Road.

2. The infrastructure horizon becomes clearer -- toll-road charging can soon become as routine as gasoline and diesel fill-ups.

3. Notably, Tesla seems to be beating its electric competition to the first punch, once again.

Yet still no federal charging standards and protocol?

Well, at least the exit to the Transportation Secretary's hometown is the next one on the Toll Road, just west of Mishawaka.
I agree that superchargers at travel plazas along toll roads are very convenient for much the same reasons that gasoline/diesel fueling stations at travel stops.

However, superchargers at travel plazas on toll roads are not that new. I've used several on the east coast, especially along New Jersey toll roads.

I agree that superchargers at travel plazas along toll roads are very convenient for much the same reasons that gasoline/diesel fueling stations at travel stops.

However, superchargers at travel plazas on toll roads are not that new. I've used several on the east coast, especially along New Jersey toll roads.
… and in much of New England.

Now that Ohio is book-ended by two states with Superchargers on (or going in) along the main turnpike (76/80) route, it makes a person wonder when they’ll follow suit. I personally take the route through Sandusky rather than the Ohio Turnpike when traveling between Michigan and DC. A topic for another thread, I suppose.

It appears this site may be getting some eventual upgrades. It was awarded a NEVI award from the state. (Both EB and WB are listed - link and picture are of WB)

1711643698813.png