Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Roscoe, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if the diner will notice a business increase now that the Supercharger is open. They're usually pretty busy, it's basically the only convenient diner along that stretch of 17.

They’ll be getting some business from me tomorrow that’s certain! This is great news for winter-time travel on 17. Whenever it’s warmish you can make the run to Binghamton no worries, but I’ve spent more than a few winter nights nursing electrons along the Delaware for the past six years, so this is just great. Probably will only be a 15 min top off but makes all the difference having it. Thanks all for the great coverage and webcam shots!

17EAA1C0-FE02-41FB-BF07-F60FE8419176.png
D9A1BEBA-4C28-4F99-AFFD-910CB9BAD5E1.jpeg
I’m charging now - getting 94 kW (the max I ever get is 95).

Stopped both ways on Cleveland-Hudson Valley round trip. How handy to get a bite to eat while the car does the same.
On the return visit, we had a conversation with the owner and got some of the back story.
Fascinating.

Attachments

• IMG_20190412_142907.jpg
    IMG_20190412_142907.jpg
    464.1 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: billh13850
Stopped here yesterday for a quick charge heading downstate. When I got there, there was one car at the back charger, and one open spot right next to him. A pickup truck with a trailer was blocking the rest of the chargers. I was getting a very slow rate because of the pairing. The service at the diner was terrible and slow (I ordered something to go), and a woman came in yelling that she could not charge. They found the offender and got him to move.

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl
This is a pretty good stop during the day. Probably a "pee in the bushes" stop after hours. Also, they need to re-stripe the parking spaces. They currently have it so the bollards are directly behind each parking space when they need to be just to the driver side where the chargeport is.
Actually I looked again when I went back to my car and noticed there are actually 7 parking stalls striped for 8 bollards, so the ones on the end line up reasonably well but in the middle they are off by as much as a half car-width.

And yes, the LED overhead lights were blazing even though I was there in the middle of the day. I guess they leave them on 24/7?

I wonder if this is a sign of Tesla casting a Magic Dock spell on the site?

I also see that it is not showing in-car on the nav right now. It shows in the app as 8 stalls available - when I "Send to car" it results in this:View attachment 912237
View attachment 912236
Same for me. Tully also. I don’t think it is magic dock related. I did charge at a couple of sites with magic dock.

Reactions: Tdreamer