TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Roseburg, OR

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Smitty79, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Smitty79

Smitty79 Member

As usual, the Tesla web site shows this as planned to open in 2019. Not going to happen. Looking at the link, it is going to be relatively far from I-5. Does anyone know for sure?

Roseburg, OR | Tesla

2. ibdb

ibdb Any excuse for a road trip

Tesla's "Coming Soon" icons usually just direct to the center of the named area (the geographic center of Roseburg in this case), and do not represent a specific location.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  3. Kuhz

Kuhz Active Member

Yup. Usually the location is miles away from the generic pin. Sometimes in a nearby city

4. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

O ye of little faith!

5. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

In this case it will most certainly be near the freeway. The Fred Meyer is a likely location. Somewhere in Sutherlin is a darkhorse.

6. Smitty79

Smitty79 Member

Has anyone seen any motion on this?

7. M3BlueGeorgia

M3BlueGeorgia Active Member

No sign of it yet in supercharge.info

8. Smitty79

Smitty79 Member

Eugene to Grants Pass looks like the longest gap on I5 from Canada to Mexico. Hopefully that drives good behavior. by Tesla. Roseburg cuts my number of stops for trips from Portland to San Francisco to 3 vice 4.

9. wdolson

wdolson Well-Known Member

Tesla needs a Roseberg supercharger very badly. I drove to California last week and Grants Pass was full coming and going. Springfield was pretty busy on the way down, but was uncrowded on the way back. Though there were multiple stalls with problems on the way back.

• Informative x 4
    • Like x 2
  10. CWhite

CWhite Member

I wonder if the Medford Supercharger is taking the place of the Roseburg one. Medford was never on the Tesla map but it is only a few weeks from being finished. Roseburg makes more sense being between Eugene and Grants Pass. The Medford one is surprising with it less than 30 miles from Grants Pass but it will be welcome, especially having 8 V3 Stations. The Salem one will also be nice.

• Like x 1
  11. wdolson

I think the Medford SC is intended to relieve the Grants Pass SC, which has become a choke point. They were able to double the Springfield SC (though the new part has been having problems the last month), but there is no room to add extra stalls in the existing Grants Pass location.

They still need an extra SC between Springfield and Grants Pass. Right now most Teslas coming from the Portland area need to stop at both Springfield and Grants Pass. With a Roseburg SC that would enable most Teslas to skip one SC in Oregon and ultimately help relieve load on the network. As they have added superchargers in the San Joaquin Valley that has allowed me to skip a couple of chargers on my trips to California. But right now get north of Red Bluff and Mt Shasta, Grants Pass, and Springfield are all necessary stops.

Medford and Roseburg would allow me to get well into the Sacramento/San Joaquin Valley with only two stops instead of three.

12. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

Yeah I think eventually we will get superchargers every 50 miles or so on the I-5 corridor from Canada all the way through to Mexico. It's basically already like that in most of CA and WA. Maybe eventually they will put superchargers in Redding, Yreka, Roseburg, etc. I agree that the mandatory stops in Springfield, Grants Pass, and Mount Shasta get old very quickly. I basically have to stop at all three of those in all but the most favorable of conditions in my S100D with 312 Rated Miles on a full charge. The solution to this problem is better spacing, which of course requires more superchargers to be built along the corridor.

13. wdolson

I like the environs of the Mt Shasta SC, but I would skip it if there was more convenient spacing along I-5.