TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Supercharger - Roseville

Discussion in 'California Supercharger locations' started by Kraken, Dec 19, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Kraken

Kraken Member

1131 Galleria Blvd, Roseville, CA

Second confirmation today. This one was fairly detailed.

2. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

Make that the third. Somerset PA was also discovered today - Somerset PA Supercharger (confirmed!)

How are y'all finding these permits so easily? We're having trouble finding anything in Georgia although we may be too far away. I know the 450+ Atlanta owners are itching to get connected to the grid!

- - - Updated - - -

Is this accurate? Proof? It's pretty close to the Folsom, CA location that is already up and running. Just curious.

3. Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone Member

Awesome! Any other details besides the address? Where'd you hear the info from?

4. SFOTurtle

SFOTurtle Active Member

#4 SFOTurtle, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
    I don't know if it is "proof," but I'm not surprised and I think this location makes perfect sense. There has been a ton of talk and posts about a Supercharger location on I-80 East of Sacramento for close to a year now. For those taking I-80 to Truckee, North Shore and points East to Reno, Folsom requires a lengthy (and in traffic time consuming) detour.

5. napabill

napabill Active Member

That's the 4th Westfield Mall involved with Tesla and the 1st for a SC. I see they have a mall in Palm Desert. Maybe?

6. strider

strider Active Member

Except Folsom SUCKS if you want to go to North Lake Tahoe or Reno and points beyond. This one will be welcomed and heavily used!

7. Kraken

Kraken Member

Yes, like 6-9 miles away, but there is no real good way to cross town, the traffic sucks horribly. I've done it a few times. I was originally told of this location from an employee at the service center. At the time he suggested that it was between there and the service center. Today, the guy at Vacaville specifically suggested it again and what it will be near. His tone of voice suggested it was pretty much a reality barring something major getting in the way. My guess would be that he is in charge if that location too.

So his was the second confirmation I've been given for that location. He also seemed to know of all the talk on here about finding locations, and I feel maybe my spreading info had been more than they were expecting... He said the posts online lead to the decision to cover these ones up here in Vacaville.

8. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

Must be nice to have so many options. The 450+ Atlanta owners just want to be attached to the grid. Soon enough!

9. Kraken

Kraken Member

I've lived as much on the east coast as I have here out west. Until you've seen the traffic coming back from Tahoe to the Bay Area or Las Vegas to L.A. You haven't seen traffic at all. It took me 3 hours to go 40 miles the other weekend. The only thing close to this I've seen is when all of Florida was going north on I-95 to escape hurricanes in 2004.

10. roblab

roblab Active Member

Kraken, you are amazing. This forum is also likely the reason some of these places even get picked for SC sites. When Folsom was put in, did you ever hear of Roseville? No. But when everybody started mentioning the 15 mile out of the way at 35 mph through the horse ranch district to get from Folsom back up to 80, then you start to hear rumors.

It's your fault.

Thanks!

11. patsfan12

patsfan12 New Member

Hey, there are many Tesla owners who live in that "horse ranch" district. :wink:

12. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Shhhh.

13. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

Looking forward to it!

14. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

lol, a fair number.

I recall one owner that lives up the hill (past Auburn) would use the Roseville mall 30A chargers when coming back from SF. Now he's got 2 choices; Roseville and Vacaville!

15. Kraken

Kraken Member

I don't know what this horse ranch area is specifically, but I'm moving up towards that area soon... I might be one of those owners living in the horse ranch area too come February

16. SFOTurtle

SFOTurtle Active Member

Anyone with an idea on timing when we might see the SC in Roseville? 2014?

17. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Welcome (in advance) to the neighborhood, Kraken. See you soon!

- - - Updated - - -

He should have used Jack Bower's 70 amp over at Stanford Ranch in Roseville.

18. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Roseville supercharger

Anyone in the Sacramento area see any action on the Roseville supercharger?

19. roblab

roblab Active Member

I had the same question. Bonnie lives up the road a bit, but I guess we shouldn't expect her to do all our curiosity work. Come on, SACto EV group! We, the "inquiring minds" of Napa/Sonoma (and beyond), want to know!

Seems I had the tentative address, but I can't find it now.

Ah, yes, here it is: Supposedly confirmed by several unknown people.

1131 Galleria Blvd, Roseville, CA

20. rbergquist

rbergquist S946 - VIN 1017

I was at the Sacramento EV Association meeting Wednesday (8 Jan) and someone (I didn't get a name) reported that permits have been recently submitted for the Supercharger at the Galleria. No word on timeframe, but this was progress since the last meeting 2 months ago.