Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Roseville

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by to check out the Roseville site on the way back from Truckee today (4/2) - work is well underway, transformer pad looks poured, piping in, Supercharger cartons on site and awaiting installation, some backfilling already done. Mansour's Rugs is a standalone building and the SC site is in the Mansour parking lot, just to the right side of the building -and across the large parking lot from the mall proper. The backs of the SCs will back up to Galleria Blvd. We drive up to Truckee from the South Bay a couple of times/month and now charge at Vacaville (which is MUCH more convenient than Folsom), but with a near full charge at Vacaville we hit Truckee with ~40 miles of range displayed. We make it all the way back to the South Bay w/o charging (down the mountain is pretty close to 0 miles of range used). Roseville Galleria is ~85 miles from Truckee so even figuring the 7000 ft climb up the mountain, you should be able to make it on ~160 miles of range.

Only "problem" with Roseville is there are no restaurants or bathrooms very close by. Some in the mall of course, if it's open, and across Galleria Blvd there's a Starbucks and other places.

Would definitely vote for a SC site in Truckee though!

Any odds on whether this is operational before San Juan Capistrano? Amazing the differences in time in getting the Superchargers operational from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, county to county, and utility to utility. San Juan Capistrano has seemingly been held up for months now with most if not all of the construction completed.

The crew there said that easement issues are becoming the norm. I know hey dealt with one at their last location, Gila bend... Let's not count our eggs before they hatch. That being said, we are now inside 3 weeks from their estimate of open....

Drove by today and talked to the construction boss. He said they are behind schedule due to a hard volcanic rock layer that required bringing in some special equipment. They are working 10 hours per day, 7 days a week on it. They expect to be finished in a week and a half. There are 7 stations, 135 KW.
IMG_20140413_125235_850.jpg
IMG_20140413_125303_639.jpg

Last edited:
I stopped by two days before you (Friday 4/11/14). At that time everything was still boxed up and the two workers were drilling & digging in that trench. Your pictures after just two days shows a lot of progress. I'm looking forward to this SC opening soon.

I stopped by two days before you (Friday 4/11/14). At that time everything was still boxed up and the two workers were drilling & digging in that trench. Your pictures after just two days shows a lot of progress. I'm looking forward to this SC opening soon.

Someone please try to find out what their next project is after this crew finishes Roseville -- hoping they will start on Manteca very soon.

Someone please try to find out what their next project is after this crew finishes Roseville -- hoping they will start on Manteca very soon.
Yeah, I wasn't the one who asked, but I did ask what other projects would be coming soon to,the area.... They said they were pretty sure Manteca was coming up soon... The way they said it didn't make it sound like they were doing Manteca (but they might not know yet and/or that might change). And before your hopes get too high, "soon" could be relative.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah... I was there around 10pm Thursday and saw what you saw... Hence why I deemed my pictures in worthy of posting... Looks like they got a lot done since then. Perhaps the week prior, they were doing a lot of work that wasn't obvious to the casual observer

Stopped by this morning to see how things were progressing. They were just starting to pour concrete into the trench.
I only saw 7 stalls set up, so not sure if an 8th one is going in or one is doubled up.
First time uploading pictures - hope this works.
IMG_2067[1].JPG

IMG_2066[1].jpg

IMG_2064[2].JPG