Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Roseville

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
:) we will indeed. But, I-80 needs more love near and beyond the north shore of Tahoe. I wouldn't want to dogleg through Hawthorne to go cross-country.

Agreed. The projected map shows one coming online around Humboldt Lake and another around Elko by the end of the year. I'd think getting from Roseville to Humboldt would be tight given the amount of elevation gain you'd be facing going over the Sierras.

Regardless, huge thanks to Tesla for putting in the Roseville supercharger to satisfy those of us who travel to the North side of Lake Tahoe. Definitely looking forward to using it over the summer.

Exactly my thoughts GG. 2015 SC map doesn't bring any hope for eastbound travel along I-80 without a big detour via South or North. Hoping for a nice surprise from Tesla though.
I-80 through Nevada on the End of 2014 map looks really sketchy. The dots on the map appear to be Roseville - 208mi - Lovelock - 196mi - Elko - 230mi - Salt Lake. Personally, I think it should be Roseville - Truckee - Lovelock - Winnemucca - Elko - Wendover - Salt Lake. JMHO.

Personally, I don't think Roseville is a good choice. Yes it makes more sense for reaching North Lake Tahoe and i would like to see in every freeway but with Folsom nearby its saving very little.
I would have appreciated if it was some ware in Woodlands.
1. Its equal distance from Folsom and Vacaville.
2. There is already a Roadster charger (i have never seen used)
3. Inside shopping complex
4. Outside city
5. Gives equal distance to next station at Conning

In my view it will help someone staying in Roseville but not a wise choice.

Roseville's perfectly located for 60s to reach North Lake Tahoe. Folsom is an avoidable detour.

Roseville is also good for people coming from Napa Valley and going to see their family in Fallon, NV. Going over the 7300 foot Boreal Pass (or Donner Summit, as you will) sucks a lot of electrons, and although you can regain some of it, it is mighty nice hitting Reno and not having to go looking for a charger. For that matter, you would have enough to come back over the hill from Reno to Roseville *if you drive like I do* and no one wants to do that. I go the extra 65 miles to Fallon, charge at my brother's house, and come home the next day. Stopping at Roseville for a quick snack for our car.

It is easy to use 180 miles going the 115 miles to Reno.

Of course, *some* people prefer Tahoe. Roseville is good for that, too, even if they do have an 85. :)

Charging at Roseville

Not sure if this is the correct place for this, charging at Roseville today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 385
This is the "correct" place for posts about the Roseville supercharger, but the main thread is here:
Supercharger - Roseville, CA

I don't want to be all OCD about thread classification, but I wish the mods would move threads about North America charging to the North America subsection, and out of the main "Charging Standards and Infrastructure" section. As it is, I have to look in both places for a thread about a particular Supercharger, unless I can remember which one it's in.

I'm fairly sure that the first 3 stalls are shared with the last 3, with the middle one not shared. Starting sequentially from the supercharger cabinet, 1 shares with 5, 2 shares with 6, 3 shares with 7, and 4 is not shared. Not sure why they were never labeled.