Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Roslyn Heights, NY - Willis Ave.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven’t seen this anywhere on the forum or on Supercharge.info but it looks like the supercharger in Roslyn Heights is almost done. Spotted this on a FB group.

Looks like it would be in the CVS parking lot on Willis Ave right off the LIE and Northern State.

18FADF93-C898-41BF-85E3-142EF277129E.jpeg

72BD453D-FF4B-426D-98A1-F87DE80CC528.jpeg

This is a much needed SCer location.

Ever since Syosset was “decommissioned” there has been no easy way to leave the city heading East with only 30-40 miles of rated range. (I find myself in this predicament all the time, unfortunately.)

but now, Even with 30 miles RR, we can head out from the city and have enough to get to the 1st easily accessible and FAST SCer…

never mind that my 2015 85D is totally throttled and doesn’t really do much more than 90 kW charging. But I’ll take it.

Last night I dropped my car off at a destination charger so I’d have enough range to make it out East. But often, I like to make the trip on a whim, and it’s been hard to do this with the 1st easily accessible SCer near LIE being Plainview…

Good times!

Reactions: Big Earl
It’s open, but overhead lights not working yet. View attachment 689413

I saw that Model X at the Hauppauge Supercharger early yesterday morning. Younger guy; pretty sure he’s living in there… looked like a neat setup.

If that’s your matte black Plaid, I think I saw you yesterday, too. Do you have the replica limited edition badge on the back? Hauling ass, as expected.

What a difference 19 months make...

Tesla's best kept secret is totally out.

I have said before that this is the most valuable SCer on Long Island and my valuation proved true.

this is probably the busiest supercharger on the eastern seaboard.

I stopped by on Saturday, May 27th.. mid-day on a busy holiday weekend b/c I got a late start heading out of the City that day.

according to TeslaFi I arrived at the SCer at 1:130 PM and plugged in at 1:39 PM.. so not terrible. but certainly anxiety-provoking, There were 2 other Teslas ahead of me waiting to charge and I considerred hitting Garden City or Carle Place instead of waiting, but these are much more "out of the way" with respect to the LIE and the Northern State.

The good news is that my 2015 Model S 85D, which arrievd with 3% SOC -- otherwise I would have gone further east to Plainview SCer, which had zero waiting time -- charged very well for an aging, throttled pack. i hit 128 KW and stayed above 100 KW for a a few minutes.. longer than I had thought it might.

also, given that every single stall was occupied, and that I had shown up with such a low SOC, I was expecting very, very poor speeds. but since the wather was lovely out, and iI had by this point been driving for 1 hr and 23 minutes according to teslafi, my battery was ready to supercharge most efficeintly, which is a good thing.

originally I figured I would stay just a few minutes to have enough juice to make it to Manorville SC on my way to the south fork, but I was hungry so I stopped by the bagle place (I can't pronounce, let alone spell, the name of it -- sorry) and therefore the car was ready way sooner than I was.

all in all, i added 111 rated miles in 25 minutes and spent 34 total minutes at this SCer.

i probbably ccould have unplugged after 18 minutes and still made it all the way ti my destination without stopping at Manorville, but , like I said, I wasn't ready.

still.. Tesla desperately needs to expand this SC location. I hear they are building a second SCer station at the nearby Dunkin' Donuts.. thank god! this is most needed.

I've been driving around in a Model 3 long-range loaner since Wednesday sicnce my Model S is at the service center... i'm loving the Model 3 but on a whim i checked stall availability at Rosylyn heights SC at 10 am and once again I was told that there would be a wait (less than 5 min according to my center screen) -- but this is most troubling. 10 am on a non Holiday weekday.. tho i guess it is Friday and some early birds may alreadt be heading out east to beat the traffic.

further troubling is that I can finally see what Tesla is charging , per kw, for SCer usage. My trusty 2015 85D has free SCing for life, so I never knew what I was saving.. but it's a doozy especially since all the Suffolk county SCers seem to have a flat rate and not TOU rates.. and they are rather on the high side.. but that is a topic ofr another post.

Reactions: qman66
I've been driving around in a Model 3 long-range loaner since Wednesday sicnce my Model S is at the service center...

I stopped By Roslyn Heights SCer yesterday with the Model 3 LR loaner on my way back from eastern long island. I had 60 miles of Rated Range when I left Sayville Ferry parking lot and had originally intened on going to Islandia or Plainview for a few minutes just to have enough cussion to make it back to Manhattan. (sayville ferry is ~60 miles from my home so I might have made it on fumes only, if at all.)

i figured I would hit Roslyn heights instead to try my first ever 250 kW SCer experience. I also figured the lower my SOC was, the faster I would charge so I might as well drive a bit to drain the batterry.

thoughout my drive I kept checking the map for stall availability and it was mostly fully booked with a "less than 5 minute wait time," although around 15 minutes beofre I arrived there were as many as 3 available stalls.

regretfully when I arrived all stalls were booked and the center screen said "less than 5 minuets wait time"

Thankfully at least one of the people plugged in noticed me rolling up and went back to his car and unplugged allowing me to charge.

i waited around 3 minutes, not terrible by any means, but it was still kind of disheartening.. especially in the face of worsenting traffic in the LIE where I was left with the sinking feeling that I should be getting on with my drive raather than waiting for a SCer...

I will say however that once I plugged in, nearly all was forgiven.

I plugged in with 20 Miles of rated range and even tho all 8 stalls were occied my car quickly ramped up to 170 kW.. and -- you wouldn't believe it -- it kept climbing! now I could have left after less than 5 minutes but I thought I would stick around to see how high the charging rate would go and I would unplug once things started to taper..

unbleivably I hit as high as 220 kW!!! nearly 1000 miles/hr! absolutely bonkers!

now, you'll recall my lowly 2015 85D with a throllted pack can only reach a complaratively lowly 128 KW! and only does so for several seconds. I have come to expect not much better than 90 KW from lowly Model S when I supercharge...

given the SCer was 100% occupied, the fact that i got anywhere near the 250 KW charging rate is super impressive and a credit to Telsa.

I don't remember exactly how long I was plugged in and I don't have access to teslafi or the moble app data for reverence, but I gained 105 miles of raated range in less than 20 minutes.. which is stunning. I will hopefully be returning the Model 3 loaner to tesla tomorrow or Wednesday and gaining so many miles will mean I probably won't have to plug in for the rest of the time I keep the loaner, which ill save me a bit of money on parking, and charging, at my local garage.

unfortunately, it makes the 3 minute wait for a charger all the more painful.... i guess it could have been worse.

Last edited:
given the SCer was 100% occupied, the fact that i got anywhere near the 250 KW charging rate is super impressive and a credit to Telsa.

As I understand it, even though each cabinet itself only does conversion for 250kW, the power can be distributed as needed between cabinets to the stalls, so the constraint is more site-level power than cabinet power as it was with V2.