Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rossford, OH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Crew Dragon

Ordered 5/20: MYLR 5-seat W/W No FSD, 19”, no tow
Jun 17, 2021
Toledo, Ohio
The permitting process is underway for a new Supercharger in Rossford, Ohio! Like a number of others in Ohio and Michigan, it will be at a Meijer's store. This location matches the address in the Tesla data leak last week on their site. The permit says that it will be located on the north side of the property near their fuel station.
This store is located just off of I-75 and is also very near an entrance/exit to the Ohio Turnpike. On the site is a KFC, Sonics, Five Guys, Deets Barbecue, etc.
The permits have been filed and looks like there is approval (at least as I read this). I don't see any copy of a detailed plan submittal by Tesla as I've seen in posts for other SCs.
(Information found on CitizenServe website which has all the permits for this county: Wood County.)
1666209992448.png

Reactions: Thp3 and Big Earl
Rossford, OH

Host Type: Grocery Store
Host: Meijer
Along Primary Interstates: I-75, I-80, I-90
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-20, US-23
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-75

To: Maumee, OH (v2) - 9.4 miles
Diversion: 1.9 miles
To: Toledo, OH (v2) - 18 miles

I-80

To: Genoa - Wyandot Service Plaza, OH - 15.6 miles
Diversion: 7.4 miles
From: West Unity - Tiffin River Service Plaza, OH - 48 miles (Construction)
To: Strongsville, OH (v2) - 102.3 miles

I-90

To: Genoa - Wyandot Service Plaza, OH - 15.6 miles
Diversion: 7.4 miles
From: West Unity - Tiffin River Service Plaza, OH - 48 miles (Construction)
To: Sheffield, OH (v2) - 87.1 miles

US-20

To: Sheffield, OH (v2) - 95.7 miles
Diversion: 0.4 miles
To: Cleveland, OH - 119.5 miles (Permit)

US-23

To: Maumee, OH (v2) - 10.2 miles
Diversion: 0.4 miles
From: Columbus - E Campus View Blvd, OH - 115.6 miles (Permit)
To: Ypsilanti, MI - 53.8 miles

I drove around the location, a Meijer's store, a week ago and saw no signs of construction at all. I checked the CitizenServe permit website 2-3 weeks ago, there have been no updates on permitting since the fall. No site plans are on file.

Reactions: JamesEarl15
Moderator note: Forum posts for another Supercharger site in Northwood, OH have been moved to a new thread:

Bruce.

I drove by the projected area today and it is all fenced in. The area fenced is what I would expect for SC site. A crew was digging near a power transformer. I asked a worker what the project was and all he said was "utility work." With Tesla filing new plans for Northwood (the other side of Toledo), I thought this site was a dead end. Maybe there will be a SC here after all?
1684268538707.png
1684268571040.png

Drove by today and there were a number of workers busy installing the PVC conduits in the trench where the chargers will eventually will go. One of the contractors noticed my Tesla slowly driving by. With a big smile on his face, he started waving at me and pointing to the installation. I gave him a big thumb's up.
Nice to see workers that are as excited about the coming EV life!

Went through yesterday, and it was a very active construction site! The pedestal bases for the chargers have been set, two Tesla charging cabinets are in place and two very large reels of power cable have arrived. The permitting web site is showing that the underground electrical has passed inspection on 6/14/23.
No transformer on site yet.
I did manage to get a picture, but I think that maybe I was noticed. Maybe? (I was not in my Tesla at the time.)
1687953299145.png

Today, I went to check things out: There was a paving contractor there redoing the blacktop in front of the pedestals. I talked to a worker who said that he thinks "they" (Tesla?) are waiting on them to finish to complete the project. He said they should be done in a week, or so.
There is still no sign of a transformer, so I don't think the paving is going to be the final hold up.
Last week, the underground electrical inspection was shown as complete on the Citizenserve web site. It said it ready for the utility now.

Last edited:
This week's update: Contractors are all gone. Fencing and Porta Potty are still there. Paving and landscaping that was being worked last week is all done. Still needs some paint stripes. Most of all it needs A TRANSFORMER! (And I guess a meter). There is a nice empty concrete pad to drop place one.

1691532848488.png
1691532955350.png

• Informative
Reactions: SilverMonk