Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Round Rock, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
what the heck?
Like that they're showing up here, but there are way more useful locations that are sorely needed to open up blank spots in Texas.
Maybe they're expecting a huge boost in Tesla numbers in central Texas, can't think why ;)

Thanks for spotting this one @MarcoRP

Reactions: DriverOne
Reactions: AustinM3LR
thanks for finding that - if that's where it is its an odd location. Thats an older strip mall that's always packed and can be difficult to get parking.
Funny how they seem to find these places and stick an SC there :)
Hopefully its closer to the highway side that tends to stay a little more open.
The Austin superchargers are always so busy right now it seems like they are just putting in as many as they can as quickly as they can. They especially need more adjacent to I-35. Right now it's just those 8 next to the Easy Tiger or ya gotta go to San Marcos or Waco. I think he urban ones in NW Austin are more useful for people in apartments on that side of town. Seems to be a lot of Tesla's on that side of town and I know there are a lot of people who don't own/rent a house with charging in that area.

Reactions: Twiglett
thanks for finding that - if that's where it is its an odd location. Thats an older strip mall that's always packed and can be difficult to get parking.
Funny how they seem to find these places and stick an SC there :)
Hopefully its closer to the highway side that tends to stay a little more open.
Oh wow. The Chinese restaurant there has won awards for excellence. One of the top 100 in the country.
We drive down and hit the Sprouts grocery store now and then. And now another reason to go there.

That parking lot is 'almost' full a lot. Strange place for a Supercharger of considerable size.

Reactions: CarlS
It does seem a strange location, but there is a Sprouts & Starbucks and others, and it's close to downtown Round Rock – and a short walk to Round Rock Donuts (if you're into diabetes). There's a *lot* of traffic driving by.

There's currently some major adjacent road construction. To me it looks like 620 is getting a bridge over the rail. In a couple of years this area will look considerably different.

• Funny
Reactions: AustinM3LR
sorely needed to open up blank spots in Texas
This is not that. There are two main reasons for locating a DC Fast Charging location.
  1. Fill in long distance stretches - which is what you are referring to
  2. DC Fast Charging in urban settings for those unable to charge at home at night because they live in apartments or such
Just taking a look at the Austin, TX area on supercharge.info should inform you of Tesla's purpose here. This area will become a mecca for EV's in the very near future because of the Austin Tesla Gigafactory. I expect there will eventually be a density of Tesla's driving the streets of Austin that will rival California.

• Helpful
Reactions: CarlS
This is not that. There are two main reasons for locating a DC Fast Charging location.
  1. Fill in long distance stretches - which is what you are referring to
  2. DC Fast Charging in urban settings for those unable to charge at home at night because they live in apartments or such
Just taking a look at the Austin, TX area on supercharge.info should inform you of Tesla's purpose here. This area will become a mecca for EV's in the very near future because of the Austin Tesla Gigafactory. I expect there will eventually be a density of Tesla's driving the streets of Austin that will rival California.
Hopefully they also greatly expand all the supercharger stations and overall number of locations all along the Texas triangle. Otherwise we will see the long lines of Teslas made famous in California occur here during big holiday weekends.

I have zero doubt Tesla will expand the Supercharger network as fast and as logically as they can manage. It is without a doubt an enormous endeavor but Tesla doesn't shy away from difficult rather they embrace difficult endeavors and use them to differentiate themselves from their competition.

just wish they would add some along 281 to relieve the 35 traffic
I do not live in the Austin area but unless you are new to Tesla Supercharging you should peruse the supercharge.info website in depth to discover exactly how much love Tesla is bestowing on the Austin area. You should also know that this is not the final count for your area. I envision 2022 Austin as a Tesla high density area similar to California circa 2016. I predict the Austin area will be choking on Superchargers by 2024.