Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rowland Heights, CA (LIVE 7 Nov 2020, 8 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed later that the feet of the pallets don't appears to be bolted down to the pavement. Perhaps this isn't an entirely permanent install?

Attachments

• 20201109_115252.jpg
    20201109_115252.jpg
    608.8 KB · Views: 154
  • 20201109_115256.jpg
    20201109_115256.jpg
    705.3 KB · Views: 120
Reactions: mociaf9
Very unique installation.
Yes ..also u don’t see the external cable running to switch gear/transformer...it does look permanent when I saw the paved section this weekend ..I did get Max 70+kw with a lower state of charge ..unfortunately every time I have been there this week it has been packed full last time i waited approx 15min this location definitely needed !

I noticed later that the feet of the pallets don't appears to be bolted down to the pavement. Perhaps this isn't an entirely permanent install?
It appears relatively permanent since the conduits are underground, or at least under the pavement. I suspect that the skids are bolted down more internally, near the conduits, instead of at the perimeter shown in your pictures.

Also, the two white cabinets off the ground and supported by Unistrut are the distribution cabinets. It would be interesting to see where the power is coming from though.

This is why Tesla had to stop giving out Free Supercharging. Urban chargers are mostly all locals with free supercharging.
That is in our backyard.
We may drive over tomorrow and charge for a few minutes to check it out.
But no way that we would use it instead of our own outlets in our garage.
We bought shares in the company way before the 5 to 1 split and I can't see us doing anything that would hurt our company.
Like abusing the free SC privileges.

That is in our backyard.
We may drive over tomorrow and charge for a few minutes to check it out.
But no way that we would use it instead of our own outlets in our garage.
We bought shares in the company way before the 5 to 1 split and I can't see us doing anything that would hurt our company.
Like abusing the free SC privileges.

Let me know how it goes when you go check it out. Everytime I was there I see many Model Xs and Ss drive over, but then decided to leave because the line is too long. I think they are locals too and will just come back at a later time. I even see people charge and hop into an ICE car to go elsewhere too.

Elon already said many local uses free supercharging near their homes so it's not sustainable. This is why they removed it from their new and used car inventory. I also only charge using free superchargers too. It's fast and I'm near so why not?

I'm just saying 8 superchargers are not enough when locals are charging so it delays legit travelers that needs a quick charge to continue their trip. So far I think 16 is a good enough where there's a couple of spots open or just a short line.

Reactions: P85_DA
I think they are locals too and will just come back at a later time. I even see people charge and hop into an ICE car to go elsewhere too.

Elon already said many local uses free supercharging near their homes so it's not sustainable. This is why they removed it from their new and used car inventory. I also only charge using free superchargers too. It's fast and I'm near so why not?

I'm just saying 8 superchargers are not enough when locals are charging so it delays legit travelers that needs a quick charge to continue their trip. So far I think 16 is a good enough where there's a couple of spots open or just a short line.

Yes. I was surprised at the decision to install superchargers in city areas. I would have instead put in massive amounts of destination chargers (not free and spread around) to accommodate locals. Thus, lower electrical requirements to permit. This would help those that have no way to charge at home. (Ever see those grocery store parking lots where, on the outer fringe, there are spots that never get used?)
Superchargers are for travel.
OK - make some popcorn.

Reactions: Vern Padgett
This location was really needed as someone who commutes regularly thru the 60corridor u will know that u either have to detour south or hyper mile to riverside ...only complaint is they should have made these V3s to speed turnaround.

This location was really needed as someone who commutes regularly thru the 60corridor u will know that u either have to detour south or hyper mile to riverside ...only complaint is they should have made these V3s to speed turnaround.

I hope they put one in Montebello near the 60. A great spot would be near the Costco/ Home Depot / In and Out. It's heavy traffic there, but at least it's close to freeway with restaurants and restrooms. That location is easier to get on and off compared to the Best Buy area. That side is a nightmare during rush hour and much narrower roads.

There's also new land development near the 57/60 interchange where the old proposed NFL stadium would go. Good spot for chargers there, but that land probably won't get developed for a few more years.

I hope they put one in Montebello near the 60. A great spot would be near the Costco/ Home Depot / In and Out. It's heavy traffic there, but at least it's close to freeway with restaurants and restrooms. That location is easier to get on and off compared to the Best Buy area. That side is a nightmare during rush hour and much narrower roads.

There's also new land development near the 57/60 interchange where the old proposed NFL stadium would go. Good spot for chargers there, but that land probably won't get developed for a few more years.
I don't think it's a good idea to have superchargers there. That plaza is way too busy. I can't imagine when there is a line of Teslas waiting in line for the charging..