Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperCharger Roxbury NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm seeing sometime in 2018 (unlikely) a Supercharger in Roxbury NJ. In the scheme of things that is spitting distance from the approved Parsippany NJ location. Does anyone have more info? Did I miss a thread?

I'm seeing sometime in 2018 (unlikely) a Supercharger in Roxbury NJ. In the scheme of things that is spitting distance from the approved Parsippany NJ location. Does anyone have more info? Did I miss a thread?

Usually when it states "Sometime in.." that means they haven't even started. It's a matter of them identifying that the location would be a good one. The other thing that's odd about the Roxbury location is that it goes back and forth. Several times checking the map; it indicated Roxbury NY with the pin in NJ.

Agreed that is is within a 15-20min drive, which is closer than the large majority of superchargers, but have you seen the others that have just recently popped up for 2019? Parsippany, Wayne, and Pompton Lakes will all be 10-15mins away from each other.

It's no secret that there's currently only ONE supercharger for all of northern NJ (even though we have a few service centers - wtf?). Maybe they took a look at Model 3 orders and realized they'll have to get ahead of it. (I know, I know, the Jersey City new ones are good, but not well suited for a quick top off, as one is in a valet garage and the other is in another paid parking garage.)

It can't come soon enough, I drive past the Parsippany one on my way to work and still haven't seen any evidence of construction there.

Yeah that's not far off from the supercharger density I'd expect for NYC suburbs. I grew up in Rockaway NJ and spent a lot of time around both Roxbury and Parsippany. Plus, just looking at the rest of the NYC suburbs on Tesla's Find Us map, you'll see similar density. Same with other big cities as well, e.g. Boston, Philly, DC.

Found this in the May council meeting minutes:
http://www.roxburynj.us/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Minutes/_05082018-469

Page 27:

The escrow fee refunds in the amount herein stated shall be made to the following
developers:
TESLA, Inc. Block 9202, Lot 8, 84 Route 206 PLN10073 $4,545.02

Unfortunately, it's a refund of escrow (best I can tell, meaning they pulled the project).

I looked up the address. The land is owned by Quick Chek and Quick Chek has been working since early 2016 to put a gas station/convenience store at the location, but it seems to have stalled out. Last activity I found was a sewer approval in Nov 2017.

Took a drive by yesterday and it's just a grassy lot with a fence around it. Nice location right off rt 80 though, if they can ever get it done.

Found this in the May council meeting minutes:
http://www.roxburynj.us/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Minutes/_05082018-469

Page 27:

The escrow fee refunds in the amount herein stated shall be made to the following
developers:
TESLA, Inc. Block 9202, Lot 8, 84 Route 206 PLN10073 $4,545.02

Unfortunately, it's a refund of escrow (best I can tell, meaning they pulled the project).

I looked up the address. The land is owned by Quick Chek and Quick Chek has been working since early 2016 to put a gas station/convenience store at the location, but it seems to have stalled out. Last activity I found was a sewer approval in Nov 2017.

Took a drive by yesterday and it's just a grassy lot with a fence around it. Nice location right off rt 80 though, if they can ever get it done.

That’s unfortunate. Quick chek has been getting a lot of push back lately; they were supposed to build in Bridgewater (in addition to the Somerville Circle) but cant get the town to approve. It’s possible that might be a slated SC spot as well.