Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger: Royal Victoria Docks, London, UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I use this supercharger a lot as it’s local and relatively easy to access. No awkward car park entrances or charges to negotiate. Sadly, there’s now a sign saying it’s being decommissioned from 1 December 2020! I assume this is because the wretched Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, has earmarked the Crystal Building, where it’s situated, for his new City Hall?

North of the river, this leaves only 4 at Canary Wharf (hefty parking fees, security checks, and tight corners) and 2 at the Tower Bridge hotel (very tight and a faff to get parking validated, especially in these Covid times).

It seems so backwards to have fewer superchargers instead of more now there are so many more of us trying to access them.

I wish Tesla would construct a free, easily accessible supercharger station in this part of East London with dozens of 150kWh ones. It is, after all, the most valuable car manufacturer in the world!

Completely agree. I live around the corner so this is a real pain! I've emailed the crystal to confirm and also put in a comment on the mayor's building proposal about not losing them but I've heard nothing. It will be a real shame if the crystal, which is supposed to showcase and champion sustainability and environmental progress, gets rid of them as part of the conversion. And it's not like people can install their own chargers at home in London! We need more of these not less!!

• Informative
Reactions: M3Mark
This is the one I've been using. Totally agree with the comments, and with the O2 also unavailable, this side of London is very poorly served. I tried to find the mayor's building proposal, but the consultation closed a while ago. I never expected anybody would take such a backward step, is there another site/link for further discussion?

Reactions: M3Mark
This is the one I've been using. Totally agree with the comments, and with the O2 also unavailable, this side of London is very poorly served. I tried to find the mayor's building proposal, but the consultation closed a while ago. I never expected anybody would take such a backward step, is there another site/link for further discussion?
I don’t know whether the new fast ones at the Greenwich hotel are available during the pandemic. But it’s a pain to have to deal with parking fees and hotel receptions just to add 10 to 15 minutes worth of fuel.

We need something in London like the new charging station at Braintree (which I gather also has superchargers).

I’ve ordered my M3LR and had planned to use this charger as well.

Checking the Tesla website this evening, there are plans for SC installation at Westfield Stratford City for Q3 this year. A bit further out, there are also plans for Lakeside Q2 this year as well.

I’ve ordered my M3LR and had planned to use this charger as well.

Checking the Tesla website this evening, there are plans for SC installation at Westfield Stratford City for Q3 this year. A bit further out, there are also plans for Lakeside Q2 this year as well.
Yes, I just noticed that too. But I think that’s likely to be in a paid car park? I wish they’d stop putting them in car parks: they cost money to enter or have silly time restrictions, are often tight to navigate, and usually take longer to get to!

Yes, I just noticed that too. But I think that’s likely to be in a paid car park? I wish they’d stop putting them in car parks: they cost money to enter or have silly time restrictions, are often tight to navigate, and usually take longer to get to!

Likely to be paid car parking at Westfield Stratford City. Lakeside car parking is free though, so won’t cost money to enter.