Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Runaway Bay, Qld

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spotted on Plugshare - Runaway Bay Tesla Superchargers | PlugShare

@ Runaway Bay Shopping Centre, 10/12 Lae Dr, Runaway Bay QLD 4216, Australia

Reported to be a 6 stall site.

Plugshare image:
1683367340799.png

There used to be a destination charger at Runaway Bay Marina, but that seems to have been removed. I used it when I first got the car and was renting at some apartments nearby before moving into our house. The nearest fast charger (50 kW) at the time was Helensvale Railway Station, about 15-20 mins away. Now there is a 75 kW charger in Southport less than 15 mins away. Hope Island Market Place (10 mins. from Runaway Bay Shopping Centre) used to have 2 Tesla destination chargers, but they just upgraded to 8 type 2 stalls to open it up for all. Thus if you combine those with the new Super Charger there should be plenty of options for locals and tourists alike, especially if the Super Charger is open to non-Tesla cars.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
I had to go to Runaway Bay today, so went for a wander and took some photos. The chaps on site said it should be ready in a couple of weeks. It's definitely 8 stalls and not 6.
Was there conduit and concrete pads run for the last two chargers? They are shown as only in the cardboard box. We had this at Sutton Forrest too, 8 chargers arrived and only 6 were installed. I think it is just that the chargers come in boxes of 4. It is possible it could be an 8 stall install, they are common in the USA and Europe but in Australia so far all but one V3 install has used supercharger cabinets that support 3 stalls connected to each cabinet. The Tenterfield install was a 4 stall. You can take a look/photo of the face plate on the charging cabinet(s) which shows how many stalls it supports.

Reactions: Chuq