Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ruston, LA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 8E6D9380-1EBD-4111-9A25-8509259D96C4.jpeg
    8E6D9380-1EBD-4111-9A25-8509259D96C4.jpeg
    364.3 KB · Views: 462
Ruston, LA

Host Type: Mall
Host: Walmart Plaza
Along Primary Interstates: I-20
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-63, US-80, US-167
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-20

To: Monroe, LA - 34.6 miles
Diversion: 0.5 miles
To: Pearl, MS - 151.8 miles

US-63

To: Brinkley, AR - 226.6 miles
Diversion: 2.1 miles
To: Jonesboro, AR - 296.4 miles

US-80

To: Monroe, LA - 38.7 miles
Diversion: 1.3 miles
To: Pearl, MS - 155.4 miles

US-167

To: End (US-62/US-412 Ash Flat, AR) - 299.7 miles

Splitter! On I-20, splits the 104 mile gap, 69.9 miles from Shreveport, LA, and 34.6 miles to Shreveport, LA.

US-80 runs parallel to I-20, occasionally concurrent, and it's similarly a splitter on US-80.
It's also a splitter on US-167, which is a S-N highway.
It's very close to the start of US-63.

What's more, it's a v3 along routes from v2 Superchargers, so will likely be a preferred spot.

One more thing! It's on I-20 in a gap that's 4th in a chain of 5 gaps of over 100 miles which means that it will help drivers to skip a Supercharger.

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever seen a supercharger at a Walmart. Mostly it's Electrify America. But hey, good for Walmart!
It doesn't look like it's the actual Walmart; it's the small plaza next to it that is called "Walmart Plaza." Time will tell though where they actually put it.

However, the new Oxford, NC SuC off I-85 is at the Walmart which ironically appears to be a very similar parking lot layout to this new one in LA.

1657289237836.png

1657289626271.png

Last edited:
Ruston, LA

Host Type: Mall
Host: Walmart Plaza
Along Primary Interstates: I-20
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-63, US-80, US-167
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-20

To: Monroe, LA - 34.6 miles
Diversion: 0.5 miles
To: Pearl, MS - 151.8 miles

US-63

To: Brinkley, AR - 226.6 miles
Diversion: 2.1 miles
To: Jonesboro, AR - 296.4 miles

US-80

To: Monroe, LA - 38.7 miles
To: Pearl, MS - 155.4 miles

US-167

To: End (US-62/US-412 Ash Flat, AR) - 299.7 miles

Splitter! On I-20, splits the 104 mile gap, 69.9 miles from Shreveport, LA, and 34.6 miles to Shreveport, LA.

US-80 runs parallel to I-20, occasionally concurrent, and it's similarly a splitter on US-80.
It's also a splitter on US-167, which is a S-N highway.
It's very close to the start of US-63.

What's more, it's a v3 along routes from v2 Superchargers, so will likely be a preferred spot.

One more thing! It's on I-20 in a gap that's 4th in a chain of 5 gaps of over 100 miles which means that it will help drivers to skip a Supercharger.
If I ever drive down south (I have family in
Mississippi) and head west to Texas, this would be a great charger to have to skip Monroe and Shreveport and drive right into East Texas/Lindale

It doesn't look like it's the actual Walmart; it's the small plaza next to it that is called "Walmart Plaza." Time will tell though where they actually put it.

However, the new Oxford, NC SuC off I-85 is at the Walmart which ironically appears to be a very similar parking lot layout to this new one in LA.

View attachment 826229

View attachment 826234
Actually Oxford is not at the Walmart, it's at a mall that has a Walmart. I feel like they're taunting them.

Reactions: Texshark
Actually Oxford is not at the Walmart, it's at a mall that has a Walmart. I feel like they're taunting them.
I don’t know if this is simply semantics or not as I’ve charged at Oxford before, but it’s literally right next to the Walmart as you can see from the aerial photos. It is a big parking lot with a strip mall to the side also, but it is mainly a Walmart. Tesla’s own page says “Walmart” as where it is and what’s available while charging.

I don’t know who owns the parking lot but if your point is the deal isn’t done with Walmart directly like some EA stations, but instead with the owner of this strip mall/parking lot, then I would have to concur.

Last edited:
Reactions: Texshark
If I ever drive down south (I have family in
Mississippi) and head west to Texas, this would be a great charger to have to skip Monroe and Shreveport and drive right into East Texas/Lindale
Skipping Shreveport is a good idea, especially after dark. It is in a very sketchy place, at the outskirts of a moribund shopping center, and at night it is really lonely. Before Natchitoches opened, I had to use it in the early AM, and twice had people cruising slowly by. I turned on the interior light and held up my sidearm, and they went on about their chores. No way would I visit there unarmed. As a former Shreveport resident, it pains me to write this.
Lindale can get pretty lonely at night, but it's not as sketchy an area. If you can make it to the Buc-EEs a little further on, it's quite nice.