Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rutland, Vermont

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good News!!!! Rutland, VT might finally get the superchargers promised on the Tesla map for the past few years.

The March 10, 2020 edition of the Rutland Herald announced that Tesla has submitted application to install six charging stations at the Stewart 's Shop on Woodstock Ave (VT State Route 4, east of the city, on the way to Pico & Killington).

According to the article, the proposal will be evaluated at the March 18th Development Review Board. Let's hope is gets approved.

Here's a link to the article: Tesla plans charging stations in city

This is great! Rutland has been on the "coming soon" map for a while. Rt 7 has decent coverage with ChAdeMo, but could really use a supercharger. Eventually I'd also like to see Bennington and St Johnsbury get one. I don't typically drive my Model 3 up to VT, but if I do this would be a great location for me.

Rutland, VT

Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-4, US-7
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-4

To: West Lebanon, NH - 45.2 miles
Diversion: 0.8 miles
To: I-95/US-1 Portsmouth, NH - 151 miles

US-7

To: South Burlington, VT - 68.2 miles
Diversion: 1.9 miles
To: I-89 near Highgate Springs, VT - 111.3 miles

Filling in.
The Supercharge.info/mapbox-fastest routes to places either side of the area would usually be via Interstates, but it'll be a pleasant and probably more efficient drive if you're sticking to the US highways.

I contacted the Rutland Zoning Review Board today, and was told that The City approved the Tesla charging station (6 charging posts and related equipment) at the Stewart's Shop on Woodstock Avenue. A letter of approval dated April 10, 2020 was sent to Stewart's Shops Corporation.

This will be the third supercharger installation at a Stewart's Shop. The others are Chestertown, NY off exit 25 of I-87 (the Adirondack Northway), and Clinton Corners, NY just off the Taconic Parkway.

I contacted the Rutland Zoning Review Board today, and was told that The City approved the Tesla charging station (6 charging posts and related equipment) at the Stewart's Shop on Woodstock Avenue. A letter of approval dated April 10, 2020 was sent to Stewart's Shops Corporation.

This will be the third supercharger installation at a Stewart's Shop. The others are Chestertown, NY off exit 25 of I-87 (the Adirondack Northway), and Clinton Corners, NY just off the Taconic Parkway.
Thanks for making the effort and getting the information.

Reactions: Fiver
You're welcome!

I went to Rutland late last week to check the site, and found no signs of progress, :(

The letter of approval from the City of Rutland indicated that the charging stations will be on the corner nearest Stratton Rd. In this Google image, that would be where the white van is parked. BTW... if you look at the Google image, you may also appreciate seeing the Great Dane standing in the convertible parked nearest the store. :)

Last week, I also contacted Stewart's Shop headquarters for an update, but no reply yet. I'll update this post when/if I hear back.

Reactions: chjch
I stopped by today also on my drive south and can confirm no progress. I would guess that the supercharger will be installed along the row my car is parked in. 1EEA21CE-0DE5-4F38-8962-D89F6FEEB03A.jpegB474BF20-A4FA-4C2C-B7E7-83ABC34A1021.jpeg8BF5ECA9-B9A6-4F3E-AA76-607E6BF87F7E.jpeg361B4ACB-D176-479F-BC4B-B0D199EFDB19.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and MarcoRP
@Tdreamer -- Was able to snap this from the stoplight on Sat 8/8/20, will try to get some better ones in the near future
Thanks for the picture. If you happen to be driving by in the coming days/weeks and see any evidence of Tesla equipment (white supercharger/electrical cabinets; pallets of supercharger pedestals in boxes) it would be great to see some additional photos.

I drove by over the weekend, no identifiable Tesla equipment yet.
@ilyak - thanks for confirming. Probably a little early in the project; some of these sites seem to be progressing rapidly these days.

@Chuq / @MarcoRP / @tes-s - this might be worth showing under construction at this point even without Tesla equipment onsite.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq