Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rutland, Vermont

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a transformer yet? Can't really tell by the pictures. That's been the delay with a lot of Superchargers down in the DC area.

Yes, there is a transformer - see attached picture - its on a concrete pad behind a tree. There was a flurry of activity last Friday (8/21/20), including a Green Mountain Power crew, but since that day there has been no activity and everything appears to be complete.

Attachments

• 20200828_121204.jpg
    20200828_121204.jpg
    460.2 KB · Views: 135
Yes, there is a transformer - see attached picture - its on a concrete pad behind a tree. There was a flurry of activity last Friday (8/21/20), including a Green Mountain Power crew, but since that day there has been no activity and everything appears to be complete.
Thanks for the update. Assuming there is a meter in place, it may or may not be pending local inspections, and definitely pending Tesla's visit to commission (test/enable) the site.

Do you have a sense for how long it typically takes for Tesla to complete their testing and commissioning once construction is complete?
Well... it can take days to months. There aren't a lot of Tesla crews on the road that do supercharger repairs and commissioning. A couple of years ago, I think there was one crew that did the whole northeast - so imagine they could be in MD doing routine maintenance and then get notified that Rutland is ready to commission. They add it to their route and get it done when they come through. Not saying they're still this sparsely staffed, but it illustrates the uncertainty of when. Since they just lit up Ashland NH in the past week or so, they may still be near enough to get it done reasonably quickly if it is indeed ready for them vs. waiting for inspections or other work.

Drove by today and I saw they had everything installed but I don't know if it is working or not. Was driving thru the area on my way up from Florida and didn't have time to stop and try to charge. On my way back home or if I go into Rutland during the week I will check.

Just passed by the Rutland Supercharger - there were a couple of guys from Tesla working in one of the cabinets, so I asked them for an update. They told me that there is a problem with the cellular adapter (I'm guessing this provides data access) and that it might take a few days to resolve.

Attachments

• 20200903_140340.jpg
    20200903_140340.jpg
    593.7 KB · Views: 118
Just passed by the Rutland Supercharger - there were a couple of guys from Tesla working in one of the cabinets, so I asked them for an update. They told me that there is a problem with the cellular adapter (I'm guessing this provides data access) and that it might take a few days to resolve.
Great news! Assuming they don't get called out of the area to work on something else before they resolve the issue, it will likely be up soon.

Those are limits imposed by your car and battery pack. This is a V3 supercharger, so 3/Y and newer Raven packs can charge at up to 250kW.
View attachment 584724
Not necessarily car-imposed. New V3 sites have a track record of starting off slow in many cases before they start serving juice at full speed. I don't think the reason is known for sure, but I think the working assumption is the V3 hardware may need some tweeking before it's fully setup. Not sure how the reported cellular adapter issue factors into this - probably fully resolved given the site is reporting available stalls which wouldn't be the case if a data feed wasn't working.

Reactions: PLUS EV
Not necessarily car-imposed. New V3 sites have a track record of starting off slow in many cases before they start serving juice at full speed. I don't think the reason is known for sure, but I think the working assumption is the V3 hardware may need some tweeking before it's fully setup. Not sure how the reported cellular adapter issue factors into this - probably fully resolved given the site is reporting available stalls which wouldn't be the case if a data feed wasn't working.

This would make more sense - I am used to seeing charging rates (at other superchargers) double what I experienced last night. It makes sense that I shouldn't experience the full benefits of the V3 hardware, but I hope to see something comparable with other sites.

I was referring to the 150kW maximum rate listed on the screenshot provided by o2vt.