Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sacramento, CA - Arden Way (LIVE 11 Aug 2018, 19 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To be clear, the permit's documents say that there will be 19 stalls with 10 superchargers. There is no "10B" stall on the permit (while there is a "10A"). They're all back-in stalls with 7 being angled back-in spots and the rest inside the ground floor of the parking structure being perpendicular (surrounding the stairs). It will also come with 6 Powerpacks (continuous 200kW, 400kWh), two Princeton Power inverters (100kW each), and two light posts: D-Series Area Size 1 - DSX1 LED Area Luminaire

The concrete curb outside the corner of the parking garage is going to be redone so that the parking spots can be angled the other way instead. There will be 12 Tesla-only charging spots and the rest will be 30m General Parking (1 is handicap van-accessible).

I have public access to the documents (I don't know if I'm supposed to have access so I'm not sharing them). Let me know if you have any questions!

To be clear, the permit's documents say that there will be 19 stalls with 10 superchargers. There is no "10B" stall on the permit (while there is a "10A"). They're all back-in stalls with 7 being angled back-in spots and the rest inside the ground floor of the parking structure being perpendicular (surrounding the stairs). It will also come with 6 Powerpacks (continuous 200kW, 400kWh), two Princeton Power inverters (100kW each), and two light posts: D-Series Area Size 1 - DSX1 LED Area Luminaire

The concrete curb outside the corner of the parking garage is going to be redone so that the parking spots can be angled the other way instead. There will be 12 Tesla-only charging spots and the rest will be 30m General Parking (1 is handicap van-accessible).

I have public access to the documents (I don't know if I'm supposed to have access so I'm not sharing them). Let me know if you have any questions!
This mall is notorious for rif raf. I see 18 of the 19 stalls being continuously iced. This would be much less of a problem if it wasn't so close to an entrance to the mall. The security staff there is beefed up and hopefully they will have a ticket/tow system in place for ice violators. But I am grateful there are more and more superchargers being added no matter where they end up. :)

2u3zbwg.jpg

2rzw58j.jpg

Construction has started!

Reactions: emupilot
I'm not too fond of that location either. If you think traffic is bad on a regular day, just think how bad it is during Black Friday or Christmas time. I got hit in the area years ago XMas shopping where the Toys 'R Us is located. Guess I won't have to worry about that store anytime soon.

Would have made more sense to build Urban chargers somewhere in Midtown where the traffic isn't as bad.

Ideally they should put another SuperCharger between Sacramento and Manteca which would be Lodi or Galt and scrub the Stockton one for the time being or just make that an Urban charger.

@AMPd Thanks for fixing the display glitch with your photos. Looks possible that construction has started. Once we have evidence of Tesla specific equipment on site I’ll change the thread title.
I saw the exact same conduit as is used in other urban chargers being used here.
That’s also the exact location that was on the permits.

I’ll try to swing by and take some photos over the fence.