Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sacramento, CA - Freeport Blvd. (LIVE 29 Sep 2020, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update - I have confirmation that the superchargers will be located on the north west corner, the furthest possible area from all other stores and entrances. This can be seen from the street during construction so will update again when equipment is on-site. It could several months away - the planning tracker (linked in the first post) still says the permit is under plan check for utility review.

JPo6SyA.png

Update - I have confirmation that the superchargers will be located on the north west corner, the furthest possible area from all other stores and entrances. This can be seen from the street during construction so will update again when equipment is on-site. It could several months away - the planning tracker (linked in the first post) still says the permit is under plan check for utility review.

JPo6SyA.png
I don't suppose the words inside your red box say anything relevant. The last line looks like "existing trees," but I'm darned if I can read the rest. Hoping for "Eight Tesla Supercharger stalls attractively shaded by existing trees." :)

Really?!?

It's not convenient to get through (Freeport Blvd) and isn't close enough to the highways at all. When I lived in the area decades ago, Land Park was a favorite hang out for the homeless and parking at the local college was a painful endeavor with the neighbors always complaining about the students.

Because the college is nearby, I would expect to have students (desperate to avoid paying the parking fee) to take advantage of the location.

Plenty of room along Florin Rd (near Sears especially but Stockton Blvd has all of its own "charms"), or near the current Ranch 99 Market (though vehicle break-ins are a problem).

Elk Grove makes so much more sense due to new housing / construction as well. IIRC, there's a Raleys both near the I-5 (and Starbucks) and near 99 (where the "other" coffee place is across the street from Starbucks)

Really?!?

It's not convenient to get through (Freeport Blvd) and isn't close enough to the highways at all. When I lived in the area decades ago, Land Park was a favorite hang out for the homeless and parking at the local college was a painful endeavor with the neighbors always complaining about the students.

Because the college is nearby, I would expect to have students (desperate to avoid paying the parking fee) to take advantage of the location.

Plenty of room along Florin Rd (near Sears especially but Stockton Blvd has all of its own "charms"), or near the current Ranch 99 Market (though vehicle break-ins are a problem).

Elk Grove makes so much more sense due to new housing / construction as well. IIRC, there's a Raleys both near the I-5 (and Starbucks) and near 99 (where the "other" coffee place is across the street from Starbucks)
Delta Shores would've made the absolute most sense

plenty of room
plenty of eaterys
right off the freeway I-5
perfect fill-in: manteca, stockton, elk grove, natomas

Actually the chosen location is strategically interesting on a number of levels.

It is reasonably close to both I-5 and Hwy 99. The distance is not that far -- about 1.4 miles to either freeway. It's also fairly close to US50/Business 80 for those going to the Tahoe area -- about 2.2 miles.

It is going into the new Raleys parking lot ... This is very close to the brand new Safeway at Crocker Village. The developer of Safeway was strongly urged by the community to put in EV charging, but he held out for a gas station that the neighborhood strongly opposed. Now he has neither and Tesla has chosen to locate their charger at the Safeway competitor - Raleys. It remains to be seen whether Crocker Village will get any EV charging as phase two gets developed.

Reactions: CharleyBC
Delta Shores would've made the absolute most sense

plenty of room
plenty of eaterys
right off the freeway I-5
perfect fill-in: manteca, stockton, elk grove, natomas

Its about 1 mile in either direction down Sutterville to either 5 or 99/80/50. This is actually a pretty central location. Anything closer to downtown would have had issues with parking and higher lease costs.

Delta shores Would have been convient for I5 not so much for 99 travelers

Its about 1 mile in either direction down Sutterville to either 5 or 99/80/50. This is actually a pretty central location. Anything closer to downtown would have had issues with parking and higher lease costs.

Delta shores Would have been convient for I5 not so much for 99 travelers
from 5, i say it's a 5-7 min detour no traffic, 10-15 with traffic. From 99, easily 15 min detour with traffic, and closer to 10 min no traffic.

kind of far, in this day and age of supercharger buildout.

delta shores services the 5 perfectly.

they could build another one convenient to 99: say off power inn somewhere, or even galt or lodi would fill in the manteca to arden gap.

Reactions: Merle
I was hoping more by Dutch Brothers just before the mouth of the Freeway heading north. Going east of Elk Grove Blvd is a nightmare to maneuver especially if you need to turn around. The traffic is horrid with single lanes going into Old Elk Grove.

upload_2020-1-3_0-51-20.png