Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sacramento, CA (LIVE 13 Oct 2017)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove by on Sunday night... August 27, 2017... and it was all fenced in, but it looked like the framework was mostly set in place to pour the concrete.

Ironically, 2ish months ago I happened to be charging up at the supercharger at the Vacaville expansion on the day they were pouring the concrete and there were tons of Tesla labeled shipping boxes on wood panels; some of which I was told would start being setup that day.

When I went to the Sacramento, Natomas location this past Sunday... those Tesla labeled boxes are what I was looking for, but I didn't see any.

The wait continues...

• Informative
Reactions: Blup85
I drove by on Sunday night... August 27, 2017... and it was all fenced in, but it looked like the framework was mostly set in place to pour the concrete.

Ironically, 2ish months ago I happened to be charging up at the supercharger at the Vacaville expansion on the day they were pouring the concrete and there were tons of Tesla labeled shipping boxes on wood panels; some of which I was told would start being setup that day.

When I went to the Sacramento, Natomas location this past Sunday... those Tesla labeled boxes are what I was looking for, but I didn't see any.

The wait continues...

Hopefully soon. I'll be driving down in to Sac and right back again. Its a big detour to go through rocklin/roseville.

Reactions: Daniel Smith
More importantly about this location is that it's on I-5 and splits the gap between Manteca and Corning for the true long distance travelers.

I badmouthed the location of this new supercharger earlier in the thread, but now I find myself here to check on the progress for exactly this reason as I'm headed up to Weaverville this weekend. The 175 miles between Manteca and Corning is too close for comfort on my MS 60, which means a detour to either Roseville or Vacaville.

So now I'll eat my words and be happy it should be fired up by the time the next trip rolls around.

I badmouthed the location of this new supercharger earlier in the thread, but now I find myself here to check on the progress for exactly this reason as I'm headed up to Weaverville this weekend. The 175 miles between Manteca and Corning is too close for comfort on my MS 60, which means a detour to either Roseville or Vacaville.

So now I'll eat my words and be happy it should be fired up by the time the next trip rolls around.
I would have preferred somewhere a little further north like Del Paso exit or even Woodland, but at least it's generally in the right spot.

I feel like I've said this 100 times, but I think Williams is the perfect spot. Granzella's is there as a watering hole/food stop ( similar to how Harris ranch is in the south). They have little hotel with L2 Chargers already (which are pointlessly slow unless your sleeping overnight), but I always seem to need to stop there for pee breaks (7 and 9 year old) and thats where my MS tells me to slow down below 55 to make it home.. so I want one there..55 on I5 is almost impossible!

I feel like I've said this 100 times, but I think Williams is the perfect spot. Granzella's is there as a watering hole/food stop ( similar to how Harris ranch is in the south). They have little hotel with L2 Chargers already (which are pointlessly slow unless your sleeping overnight), but I always seem to need to stop there for pee breaks (7 and 9 year old) and thats where my MS tells me to slow down below 55 to make it home.. so I want one there..55 on I5 is almost impossible!

Unfortunately, the people who make the location decisions don't read the posts. Tesla used to have a location suggestion form (Supercharging) but that has been disabled and redirects to a page about becoming a charging partner. I think that they are done with hearing owner location suggestions.

I have a friend that works at SMUD. He said Tesla is asking for a 20 Supercharger install at the Arden Fair Mall.
I think that would be a horrible location. The amount of traffic going through that mall is horrendous and the ICEing would be blatant. 20 Superchargers would only exasperate it. Maybe if they can gate it off with a code like it sounds like some Superchargers may be doing. On a positive note, at least it would give you something to do as there are plenty of places to visit.

Anyway, I don't see it happening as they're already building out the Natomas Supercharger and the amount of Supercharger density we have in the Sacramento vicinity is only increasing. Maybe a lot further down the road when Model 3 production is running at maximum efficiency.

Maybe this is in response to VW making Sacramento the first "Green City".

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: TMobe
Okay, always good to have a consensus. ;)
I'm open to the idea if there were stipulations met to prevent ICEing. Maybe I'm biased because my previous car got hit in that mall. I suppose a logical place to put one would be on top floor of the Nordstrom parking lot (Tesla already has a relationship with them) or the parking spaces closest to the freeway near Sears.

I'm open to the idea if there were stipulations met to prevent ICEing. Maybe I'm biased because my previous car got hit in that mall. I suppose a logical place to put one would be on top floor of the Nordstrom parking lot (Tesla already has a relationship with them) or the parking spaces closest to the freeway near Sears.
The latter seems appropriate since Sears will probably close soon so ICEing will diminish until a new tenant appears.