Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sacramento, CA (LIVE 13 Oct 2017)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This new Supercharger location is going to be well placed for those traveling on I5 through Sacramento, as its just a few minutes away from the 5. And it will help out with busy winter traffic from the Bay Area to North Tahoe.

Another one on 1-80... really? There is more need for one on I-5 well North of Sacramento ... IMO. The bummer about all the ones on I-80 is they are in traffic congested areas. :(

Reactions: Blup85
It appears to be about 3/4 mile off I5 and another 1/4 mile to meander into the parking lot. The distance that Manteca is from SR99 is about 1 1/2 miles west, then 3/4 mile south, 3/4 mile west again, and about 1/8 mile north. Six plus miles round trip versus two miles.

Yes but while Manteca is usually easy to get to most of the day, that shopping center and freeway exit in Sacramento is a level 3 fustercluck during most waking hours. Even with the extra miles, I'd wager Manteca would be quicker quite a bit of the time.

I'm in the Fresno area like you and while I completely agree that choices are a good thing no matter how you cut it, I don't see myself using this SC very often.

There was an earlier permit (applied date of 3/20/2017):
Permit #: ADR-1700045
Job Adddress: 3678 N FREEWAY BLVD
Work Description:

Tesla Motors is requesting a separate address from the Sacramento Gateway for their charging
stations for the purposes of emergencies and utility coordination.
Bolded part mine: I like how Tesla is thinking in terms of systems function. This is good.

This is a mostly empty parking lot most of the time, this location is not near the huge traffic at the Walmart/In-N-Out/Movie theater shopping area. There can be traffic at the Truxel exit but in general this will be a quiet safe location, a nice grass area for pets, and food options nearby. Yes, other locations in Sac/closer to freeway intersections would be great. However the factor we don't know is how many Model 3 reservations are in the Bay Area (Tesla employees among many of them), and will saturate the existing superchargers (Vacaville, Roseville) on the 80 to Tahoe route (or Fremont to the Gigafactory). Fremont factory to this charger, 106 miles, another 100 miles to Truckee.

I think this will be welcome, especially if it can reduce the Bay Area -> Tahoe congestion. Last trip I got really unlucky and ended up waiting for a stall at Rocklin in both directions.
And note that Rocklin is being expanded with 10 more stalls, per someone at the Rocklin service center. So the Bay Area to Tahoe route is going to be very well served!

Looks like and address has been issues for the super charger:

3668 N FREEWAY BLVD (Looks like they are going to be in the Best Buy parking lot)
Also looks like Elite Power and Lighting will be doing the construction job. I've been checking this info daily, can't wait for these super chargers to open!

On my way down to sac and wanted to check out the location.
Now under construction!

Attachments

• 20170727_171856.jpg
    20170727_171856.jpg
    414.3 KB · Views: 105
  • 20170727_171925.jpg
    20170727_171925.jpg
    767.7 KB · Views: 108