Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sacramento, CA (LIVE 13 Oct 2017)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Grrr... going to have to drive thru Roseville then... was all the fencing down? Did you notice if they were numbered yet?
I drove by there yesterday after stopping at Best Buy two buildings down. The fencing was still up although it looks like they moved it in closer. There was a person in a truck and trailer doing something next to the fence there but it was in an inconvenient spot to drive by so I didn't bother to ask if he was working on the Superchargers let alone status update.

• Helpful
Reactions: beths11
Any supercharger in Sacto is nice. Waiting for the Natomas one to open. Easy access from I-80 and I-5.
Arden could work. Rarely go there, but go by there often. Definitely needs to be at the dead end (Sears) not the Best Buy end.
Still waiting to hear if something is coming to Elk Grove. Wouldn't it be a great snub to the EG city council to put one at the ghost mall now that the reservation has control. Even better, a service center!
elk grove to me makes the most sense...

we have natomas, now covers the north. we have folsom and roseville covers the east well. we have vacaville, covers the west (far, but from natomas to vacaville is a nice coverage area...

so the south could use a sc station to fill in the manteca to natomas gap. (if we can have 4 SC off 50/80 within 10 miles of another, we can have elk grove/natomas. the new delta shores complex off 5 and the new cosumnes river is a perfect spot.

arden is really a horrible location. way too much traffic as it is. and i try to avoid that business 80 during rush hour and weekend 10-3 as much as i can.

Drove by the site on MONDAY, and to me, it looks like "another 2 weeks" might be, sadly, a fair guess. I think I saw one of the charger stations still laying on the ground, and there is a lot of landscaping to be done. I saw 2 guys working on what might have been watering lines or some kind of tubing.

But IF they were not using all their resources to get that extension of Superchargers in South Australia done for this weekend.....and NOW that set of FOUR, yes 4 new locations closing the travel gap between Melbourne and Adelaide IS DONE....maybe they can get back to North America as a focus?

8 - )

Drove by today. Definitely looks like landscaping is the only thing left.
04C5CD62-5D43-445A-A1FF-EEC7BD0478BE.jpeg
7A194C79-7121-4500-BFAC-4F6169718F38.jpeg
49EA273F-C6E1-43B5-B075-39EBF541171C.jpeg
F7E37E3C-8207-46F0-8E53-1D28C93B8307.jpeg

04C5CD62-5D43-445A-A1FF-EEC7BD0478BE.jpeg

Reactions: AMPd and Troy916
Yup, with the imminent arrival of volumes of the Model 3, the Greater Sacramento Area needs another service center/showroom. Not a big fan of an Elk Grove location, but that could be functional with decent demographics for a potential wide range of new Tesla drivers based there.

I dunno. I think going by the demographics, I'd anticipate a Service Center in Folsom before Elk Grove. I can see Elk Grove get a Supercharger station, but not a Service Center. They picked Rocklin originally because if you drop a pin on it on a map and draw a circle, it covers the great majority of the big Tesla buyer populations (Elk Grove/Sac to the South, Auburn to the North, and Folsom/EDH to the SE). Now that they're looking at infill and more specific population/traffic patterns, sticking one in Folsom will evenly split the major buyer areas and cover the 50 freeway, the other major freeway in the area. Elk Grove/Sac owners can choose whether to go to Rocklin or Folsom depending on what's easier for them. Same with the Granite Bay folks. This also means that in terms of Superchargers, it's also evenly split between North Tahoe (Galleria and Rocklin SC) and South Tahoe (Folsom Outlets and a new Folsom/EDH SC).

Reactions: Ulmo
I dunno. I think going by the demographics, I'd anticipate a Service Center in Folsom before Elk Grove. I can see Elk Grove get a Supercharger station, but not a Service Center. They picked Rocklin originally because if you drop a pin on it on a map and draw a circle, it covers the great majority of the big Tesla buyer populations (Elk Grove/Sac to the South, Auburn to the North, and Folsom/EDH to the SE). Now that they're looking at infill and more specific population/traffic patterns, sticking one in Folsom will evenly split the major buyer areas and cover the 50 freeway, the other major freeway in the area. Elk Grove/Sac owners can choose whether to go to Rocklin or Folsom depending on what's easier for them. Same with the Granite Bay folks. This also means that in terms of Superchargers, it's also evenly split between North Tahoe (Galleria and Rocklin SC) and South Tahoe (Folsom Outlets and a new Folsom/EDH SC).
That doesn't make sense. Why another service center so close together? It's bad enough I have to drive 35-40 miles to get service now and if you should need to get body work done. Same thing. Even though Kniessel has other locations that are closer, Rocklin is the only location that does Teslas.

It's almost as if they're advertising to would-be thieves "this is just aluminum; no copper in here!; don't bother!"
I believe the Circuit breakers are worth well more than any copper. The was a rash of S. Cal superchargers which had CB's stolen last winter/spring (Multiple CA Supercharger locations down in past 5 months: breakdowns, vandalism, or theft?) There were 24 hour security guards posted at many sites. I wonder when I travel I-5 in the next couple of weeks if there are still guards at the SC and if Tesla has a new design to prevent break in.

I believe the Circuit breakers are worth well more than any copper. The was a rash of S. Cal superchargers which had CB's stolen last winter/spring (Multiple CA Supercharger locations down in past 5 months: breakdowns, vandalism, or theft?) There were 24 hour security guards posted at many sites. I wonder when I travel I-5 in the next couple of weeks if there are still guards at the SC and if Tesla has a new design to prevent break in.
We should start a rumor that tesla has electrified those enclosures, anyone comes in contact with them gets a nice 300amp dose of caffeine.

We should start a rumor that tesla has electrified those enclosures, anyone comes in contact with them gets a nice 300amp dose of caffeine.
I prefer if Tesla makes their own proprietary CB's with a "Tesla Bus" that everyone recognizes and no one else can use so that thieves will get caught handily trying to peddle highly expensive (for crime charge) worthless (to them) goods.

Reactions: beths11 and AMPd