Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sagamore Beach, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was in that parade. Route was unnecessarily long. We were early in the 1st division, and whoever was leading the parade was going too slow for the units to march continuously.

There was time for me to stop by and check it out the site one more time before the parade. It looks like the transformer is just sitting on the pad. It is covering the conduits, but there are unused mounting holes exposed.
Still hoping for later this week.

Last edited:
Summer...

summer is already over.. this site isn't going to be used that much i imagine. now get started on auburn please! lol

Unless your a teacher, summer isn't over until Sept. 21:wink:. I am hoping for the opening for my P-town trip next week!

- - - Updated - - -

Unless your a teacher, summer isn't over until Sept. 21:wink:. I am hoping for the opening for my P-town trip next week!

I guess I am not a teacher or a student that listened much for that matter with that grammatical error I made: "your" instead of you are or you're

Looks like there is some minor work for NStar to wrap up, what a tease!

From what's been posted here, it looks like the High Voltage is wired to the transformer, the light poles are in and wired, etc.
It can only be 2 things: is the electric meter in place next to the transformer? Has the electrical inspector signed off on the final inspection yet? Once those items have been completed, the site can be powered up...

From what's been posted here, it looks like the High Voltage is wired to the transformer, the light poles are in and wired, etc.
It can only be 2 things: is the electric meter in place next to the transformer? Has the electrical inspector signed off on the final inspection yet? Once those items have been completed, the site can be powered up...

As a previous poster mentioned, there were open connections on the transformer pad. The rest of the unit is down there and they are working on it now. In terms of electrical inspections and things like that, I have no idea, but it won't be ready until next week.

image.jpg
image.jpg
As a previous poster mentioned, there were open connections on the transformer pad. The rest of the unit is down there and they are working on it now. In terms of electrical inspections and things like that, I have no idea, but it won't be ready until next week.

The meter is in and the inspectors are there now but they have a lot of questions. Two contractors are standing by. They said once they get inspector approval Nstar has to connect something on the pole and then Tesla can turn it on. They said it would be next week or possibly Monday or it even could be today. It was supposed to be today.

I got a picture of the meter and one of the inspectors.

Last edited:
The meter is in and the inspectors are there now but they have a lot of questions. Two contractors are standing by. They said once they get inspector approval Nstar has to connect something on the pole and then Tesla can turn it on. They said it would be next week or possibly Monday or it even could be today. It was supposed to be today.

I got a picture of the meter and one of the inspectors.

Everything's finished, I wonder what they are questioning... NStar probably has to throw the HV disconnect on the main pole to energize the site (most people see these and don't know what they are, it's a rod on the side of the pole they insert a tool in and rotate, which connects/disconnects the HV) that's what the final inspection is, then the inspector gives the go-ahead to NStar to power it up.
BTW, most inspectors are electricians themselves, they usually work part time for a town.

It will be up and running by the weekend unless the inspector is on vacation. :scared:

That would be wonderful news. I am heading to Nantucket on Saturday (1st long distance trip of ~400 mile r/t since getting the car on Friday) via Hyannis so the Bourne Supercharger would be very convenient. Otherwise, I will need to stop at East Greenwich, RI on the way out so I have enough charge to return to East Greenwich on the way back. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be destination charging available at the Hyannis Airport. Does anyone know differently?