Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sagamore Beach, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Without pointing fingers at anyone one poster (I could quote about 6 of them), maybe we should dial back the rhetoric? After all, this is a public forum, and it's entirely possible that Bourne town officials are reading this thread.

Insulting the inspector is not likely to encourage him to see the light.

It sounds like there are two issues in his mind - (1) licensing and (2) a user-accessible disconnect means.

This is the first Supercharger in MA, so there is no precedent for dealing with MA licensing and permit issues. If the contractor didn't have the proper license, what, exactly, do you want the inspector to do? Just ignore MA law and sign off on the work?

As to the need for a disconnect, that's probably a code discussion between the inspector and Tesla. Now that it's been brought up, I'm surprised that the NEC doesn't require a disconnect for high current DC charging, since they do for AC, and superchargers are way beyond the AC current/voltage levels discussed in 625.23

EDIT: See NEC Article 625: http://www.calstart.org/Libraries/E...ents/Article_625_Natl_Electric_Code.sflb.ashx
In a quick read, I see nothing that says 625.23 only applies to L2 charging, so I could see the assumption that it applies to L3. All Chademo chargers I've seen have a big red stop button. I'm surprised the disconnect issue hasn't come up before.

Last edited:
Sagamore Tesla Charging Station Set To Open - CapeNews.net: Bourne

- - - Updated - - -

Regarding the equipment being readily accessible, a similar issue arose at the Edison NJ site and a knox box was used. Here is a link to that thread: Google Groups

Hooray! I'm glad this has been resolved. My question is why has the inspector found the issues with licensing in September? Shouldn't this kind of issue be found out and resolved at the beginning of the project and not at the end?

image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    916.8 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:
I like how the "TESLA" lights up on the charging stanchions, nice!

should we have a get together on Sunday, to have a "ribbon cutting" / photo op?
we can fill it up with 8 Model S's and invite the local media (Cape Cod Times) to take pictures..
maybe see if Matt from Watertown wants to come down as well.