Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sagamore Beach, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you ever encounter a Supercharger with problems, call 877-798-3752 and report it. Also, if you ever want to know if a Supercharger is working or not, call that number and ask before you need it. Tesla has real time reporting and is happy to give you current status.
+1. I had a close call in Port St Lucie, FL, on my way down from DC to Ft. Lauderdale this summer. I tried 2 of the 8 plugs unsuccessfully, and then I called the support line. They immediately looked up status and told me that only 2 of the 8 plugs were operational, and which ones they were, saving me from lots of panic (and saving me several minutes of trial & error). Presumably they sent someone out to fix them shortly thereafter.

Oh, that's an unfortunate situation you were in.

I plan to leave at home fully charged, so I don't have to worry about charging at the SC once I get there around noon, just in case the entire New England Tesla's show up :) (That would be amazing).

See you all on Sunday-Funday.

Checked all 8 stalls. All 8 are offline. 4 have no power at all and the light blue light stays on at the charge port. 4 say no wall power and the charge port turns yellow. I called supercharger support and they said they will work on getting it fixed by tomorrow. I requested they call me back either way so I can let you guys know if the site will be available tomorrow.

On the plus side, the overhead parking lot lights are working and they weren't the first night I swung by.

I always wondered if the cars are actually doing the communication (usage etc.) to Tesla and the superchargers themselves are not connected.

From my conversations to Tesla asking about Supercharger status, it has always been apparent that they have direct status reports from the Superchargers.

Here is a picture of some of the 120 kW generation Superchargers in Gilroy taken last March. Those little black blobs on the upper left of each Supercharger Cabinet are cellular data modems. Every Supercharger Cabinet that I have seen, has one of these cellular data modems.

Cellular Modem Gilroy.JPG