Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sagamore Beach, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a note on using this Supercharger. Unlike many locations, the pylons here are arranged with all the B's together then all the A's together, rather than alternating A and B. That means that when plugging in, it's not good to leave an open slot between charging cars, park in the adjacent slot so all 4 on one end are filled first. I was just there plugged into 4B and another car came in and plugged in 4 stalls away, that is 4A with all the others empty thereby getting a low charge rate.

• Informative
Reactions: Galve2000
The charger number (1 - 4) and letter (A or B) are printed on the pedestal. At Bourne they are arranged 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 1B, 2B, 3B, 4B as opposed to the more usual 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, etc.
Wow, I never noticed before that they were actually labeled. No, I haven't enabled supercharging on my car since I only drive locally.

DedhamSC's.JPG

Thanks for pointing that out. On the forums people frequently speak of the pairing of the SC's, but this little tid-bit is enlightening.

could have been, but I think this site is trying to set a new Tesla record:

"longest completed SuperCharger without power"

Sagamore has clearly won this dubious achievement.
I think Orlean's is setting the new record.

Question, these stalls have the weirdest numbering. Without having to read back through all these pages of comments, can anyone please tell me how the paired stations work - 1A + 2A? They're not even near each other.

Whoops, never mind. I just saw the post above that explains ilthat we should fill all the A's in first. So the two number ones are pair, the two number twos are a pair, etc. Is that right? So strange. How is anyone going to know this?

Last edited:
I just saw the post above that explains ilthat we should fill all the A's in first. So the two number ones are pair, the two number twos are a pair, etc. Is that right? So strange. How is anyone going to know this?
It's not that you should fill the A's first. Take A or B as long as its partner is empty; it doesn't matter which; A and B are equivalent. Most people don't seem to know about the A/B pairing.

It's not that you should fill the A's first. Take A or B as long as its partner is empty; it doesn't matter which; A and B are equivalent. Most people don't seem to know about the A/B pairing.
So, take A1 if B1 is empty, take B2 if A2 is empty, etcetera. That really takes some driving back and forth to see which ones not to pair. Like if 1A, 2A and 4A are taken I could take either 3A or 3B. Is that about it?

So, take A1 if B1 is empty, take B2 if A2 is empty, etcetera. ... Like if 1A, 2A and 4A are taken I could take either 3A or 3B. Is that about it?
Yes and yes
That really takes some driving back and forth to see which ones not to pair.
It's not really that bad. They are arranged 1A/1B/2A/2B/3A/3B/4A/4B/... or 1A/2A/3A/4A/.../1B/2B/3B/4B/... You only need to look at a couple of spaces to figure out the order; once you know the order it's pretty easy to find a free pair.

Is anyone else having problems at this charger? The last two times I have been there MS reaches charge of 77 kw and then heads back down right away. Even tried changing stalls a couple times with the same results. Prior normal was 107 to 110. Starting SOC was 12% and 28% after about a 30 mile drive each time. (This is why I asked about the pairing above after the first time it was low. I thought I was doing something very wrong. But yesterday I was the only car there.)

Is anyone else having problems at this charger? The last two times I have been there MS reaches charge of 77 kw and then heads back down right away. Even tried changing stalls a couple times with the same results. Prior normal was 107 to 110. Starting SOC was 12% and 28% after about a 30 mile drive each time. (This is why I asked about the pairing above after the first time it was low. I thought I was doing something very wrong. But yesterday I was the only car there.)
I experienced the same thing there this summer. I was on the “outside” closer to McDonalds and not paired with another car. I actually made an appointment since I thought it was my car but other supercharging locations work fine. I have a video of the “pulsing” levels somewhere.

I experienced the same thing there this summer. I was on the “outside” closer to McDonalds and not paired with another car. I actually made an appointment since I thought it was my car but other supercharging locations work fine. I have a video of the “pulsing” levels somewhere.
Check this out:
Model S85D slow at supercharger

Problem is, I don't think the class-action includes 90s. And this seemed to have just happened to my car within the last 2 updates.

Am I the only one who has hit the curb to the right of 1A multiple times forgetting it’s too close to turn a tight right ?
I know the spot your talking about. I scraped a rim in another parking lot doing the same thing a few years ago. I won't do it again, what a horrible sound.
Model S has quite a long wheelbase. It took me a very long time to get used to how far past a driveway/parking space I need to drive in order to back into it.

Reactions: HCS2.0